Show Featured Image instead of Variant

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello,

I just went through this: https://help.shopify.com/en/themes/customization/products/variants/show-featured-image-on-product-pa...

I applied it to my avcups.liquid section in my shopify store.

1. I do not know where this "featured variant" is located.

2. I have followed the directions, but I'm not sure if it is working.

ohio-aero-labs.myshopify.com is the store if anybody can help.

Thanks,

Tim

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hello 

Add this css at bottom of
Online Store-> Themes -> Edit code->Assets->theme.scss.liquid

#productThumbs-product-template {
    display: none;
}
Want to modify or incorporate custom changes on store, Hire us
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com
Whats app
Free Website Review and advice for sale from Shopify Conversion Experts | Shopify Private App | Custom Theme Development | Custom Modifications In To Shopify Theme | Shopify SEO ; Digital Marketing & amp | Site Speed Optimization | Performance Site Audit
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
694 63 88

Hello, @Tim_Cochrane .

Elias here with Shopify Support. Thanks for reaching out.

The ‘Show featured image until a variant is selected’ guide edits the ‘product-template.liquid’ under the Sections folder. I can’t be sure if it will work with ‘avcups.liquid’ as the guide suggests directly editing the ‘product-template.liquid’. Was @oscprofessional suggestion able to help you?

To find the featured variant, you can use the search function to find the lines of codes to replace (using CTRL+F on Windows/Command+F on Mac). Here’s an example from my test store using the Supply theme and locating the 3 lines of code that you need to replace from the guide.  

03-22-c5bpe-5irpt

03-34-6zlkh-7n00v

03-33-d26gk-37tdk

After that, there’s an a snippet you need to add to the bottom of ‘product-template.liquid’ and then use the language editor to change the ‘Unavailable’ product term to ‘Make a selection’ as the last step. 

If you need assistance setting this up, I can send this request to our Theme Support team and update you with a support ticket. Before doing that, I’d like to confirm if ‘avcups.liquid’ is the template you created to use in place of the ‘product-template.liquid’?

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1
Hi Elias,

1. I am trying to show featured image until variant is selected. I followed this tutorial:

https://shopify.dev/tutorials/customize-theme-show-featured-image-on-product-page  

However, I can't seem to settle step 11. Could it be because I don't have the Product.liquid Snippet or Single-product.liquid Snippet (as described in step 10)?

2. Also, once I show the featured image until variant is selected, is it possible to still display the MINIMUM price (ie. display the price of the lowest-priced variant) of the product even before the variant is selected? 

I'm asking this questions because it mentioned in the notes that: "Because this customization prevents a variant from being selected by default, your theme may not show a product price until after the customer selects a variant. This is expected behaviour because products with variants do not have a featured price. The price that is displayed is determined by the variant that is selected."

I seek your assistance on the above 2 queries. Thank you so much.

The link to my webpage is www.jazzupco.com. You may also contact me at hello@jazzupco.com

Lawrence
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
694 63 88

Hey, @jazzupco.

Thank you for joining the thread and I can appreciate you for trying to customize your theme using our guide - Kudos for that! Your theme will have a similar line to one of the two lines in Step 11. It's important to note, your theme will also only have one of the lines in Step 12. With that said, I'm not able to identify where the issue is from the Show featured image until a variant is selected guide. However, if you're using a Shopify theme and subscribed to a plan, I can help send a customization request to our Theme Support. They'll be able to help you implement this tutorial onto your theme. I can also check with our Theme Support whether it's possible to still display the minimum price before a variant is selected. 

I've located your store and I've sent an authentication email to the registered email on file. Please check your inbox/spam/junk folder in the account owner's email and reply to it. After that, I can forward your request to our Theme Support team. Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hey @Elias,

I'm facing the same issue as well. My variant image showed up instead of the featured picture. Would need a Shopify to help me with this :(

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
694 63 88

Hey, @JaylenMak.

Thank you for joining the thread! No problem at all, I'd be happy to help send a customization request to our Theme Support. I've sent an authentication email to the registered email on file we have for your store. Please check your inbox/spam/junk folder in the account owner's email and reply to it. After that, I can forward your request to our Theme Support team. Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

I’m having the same issue. I have the debut Tiffany theme and when I follow the directions the featured image shows but the add to cart button shows sold out. I have the inventory and the product is in stock not sure where to go next !!!!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
694 63 88

Hey, @SNAPPYFINDS76.

Thanks for joining the thread! I'm not sure which theme the Debut Tiffany is, can you clarify this? Were you referring to the Debut theme?

If you're subscribed to a plan and using the Debut theme, this may be something that our Theme Support can assist you with. However, if you're using a third-party theme, you'll need to check with the theme developers on this issue. Alternatively, you can also consider hiring a developer from Shopify Experts. Shopify Experts are experienced in working with third-party themes and they'll be able to help you this as well.

If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to let me know!

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

For the life of me, I cannot find the appropriate code ("add to cart" form from step 10) in the Debut template. I can't change anything to even attempt to make it work. Likewise, I don't have a single-product.liquid file. What am I missing?

0 Likes