Solved

Showing a popup based on country/IP

msm93
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi, 
I have set up shipping profiles for some countries and I need to show a popup or a message for visitors from other countries (that we don't ship to), that saying something like "We don't ship to {%IP's country%}".

Accepted Solution (1)

Julie
Shopify Staff
1109 106 367

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @msm93!

Julie here from Shopify Support. 

I'm glad to hear that you're taking advantage of shipping profiles. This is a great way to set shipping rates for specific products, and charge different amounts based on where you're shipping your products to and from.

There are quite a few popup apps in the Shopify App Store. I took a look to see if any offer audience targeting based on geolocation and it turns out there are a few options for you.

Privy and Getsitecontrol are excellent popup apps. Taking a look at their app listings, I can see that both offer geolocation audience targeting, giving merchants the ability to display specific popups based on their customers' location. You can learn more about Privy's geolocation audience targeting feature here. Getsitecontrol has their own documentation on this here. They also offer other great features, like upsell and cross-sell popups, split testing, and plenty of customizable options.

Free Shipping Popup is another app worth considering. As the app title suggests, this app is specifically for free shipping popups. With this app, customers will be able to see how close they are to receiving free shipping, which can be a great way to increase your average order value. Unlike Privy and Getsitecontrol, this app can sync with your shipping zones, ensuring that your popups are displaying accurate shipping information to the right customers. However, it does look like this is a feature only available on one of their paid plans.

I encourage you to take a look at each of these apps and see which one suits your needs the best. Feel free to read through their app listings, view their screenshots, access their example stores, and even try them out by installing them. If you have any questions about these apps, you can always reach out to the developers directly.

I hope this helps! Let me know what you think. 

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Reply 1 (1)

Julie
Shopify Staff
1109 106 367

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @msm93!

Julie here from Shopify Support. 

I'm glad to hear that you're taking advantage of shipping profiles. This is a great way to set shipping rates for specific products, and charge different amounts based on where you're shipping your products to and from.

There are quite a few popup apps in the Shopify App Store. I took a look to see if any offer audience targeting based on geolocation and it turns out there are a few options for you.

Privy and Getsitecontrol are excellent popup apps. Taking a look at their app listings, I can see that both offer geolocation audience targeting, giving merchants the ability to display specific popups based on their customers' location. You can learn more about Privy's geolocation audience targeting feature here. Getsitecontrol has their own documentation on this here. They also offer other great features, like upsell and cross-sell popups, split testing, and plenty of customizable options.

Free Shipping Popup is another app worth considering. As the app title suggests, this app is specifically for free shipping popups. With this app, customers will be able to see how close they are to receiving free shipping, which can be a great way to increase your average order value. Unlike Privy and Getsitecontrol, this app can sync with your shipping zones, ensuring that your popups are displaying accurate shipping information to the right customers. However, it does look like this is a feature only available on one of their paid plans.

I encourage you to take a look at each of these apps and see which one suits your needs the best. Feel free to read through their app listings, view their screenshots, access their example stores, and even try them out by installing them. If you have any questions about these apps, you can always reach out to the developers directly.

I hope this helps! Let me know what you think. 

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog