Showing related/upsell products manually on product page.

2 0 2

Hi All,

In my example, I am selling a surfboard, i want to sell wax with it.  The wax is $5.00 and not worth it to ship as a standalone product.  I want to be able to show the wax title, image, description, price and add to cart on my product page, but not have it link anywhere, I.e. - they can only buy it from the product page or I guess maybe the cart page if need be.  I tried a few upsell plugins, but nothing that gave me alot of control.

My other thought was to use a new product page template and just remove the add-to-cart buttons / functionality, but wanted to see if there was a better way first.

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
37 1 3

So you could have a piece of code on your current product template if product price is higher than 5 then show add to cart - for example. 

Then make sure you haven't got any of these product under $5.00 in a active collection. 

Then obivously make sure these products under $5.00 are in the cross selling section. 

Or maybe you could do bundles?

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 2
Thanks Tom! The thing i'm running into is that they need to be able to add it on the product page only. Maybe I can just add the "add to cart" button on the related products? I would need to control which related products to show as well.
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
37 1 3

Yeah you can do that! Just need to write a set of rules for those related products, but defintly possible :-)

0 Likes