Solved

Is SSL pending causing site accessibility issues after domain transfer to Shopify?

kevyg
Visitor
2 0 1

Hi everyone , is this issue related to "SSL pending" I transferred my domain from 123 reg to Shopify on the 4th of Jan but some people can't reach my site , it brings up this message .My site is http://ariegastudios.com/HELP :(HELP 😞

Accepted Solution (1)

Ash
Shopify Staff (Retired)
764 88 160

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @kevyg!

Ash here from the Shopify team. Welcome to the Shopify Community! 

It looks like you're experiencing some issues with a custom domain connected to your Shopify account. I'm happy to help out with this! In order for a custom domain to connect successfully to Shopify, there are two required DNS records that need to be applied to the domain. The records are: 

• A-Record: 23.227.38.65
  • CNAME Record: shops.myshopify.com

Any additional records to the above could potentially cause issues with the function of the domain on Shopify. Using a DNS checker website, I was able to check out the DNS records associated with your domain ariegastudios.com. The CNAME record appears to be fine, but when I check out the A-Record, I see two entries. In addition to the Shopify A-Record, I also see "100.24.208.97". I believe that record is causing the "SSL Pending" issue. If that additional A-Record is not being used for anything else, removing it should clear up the problem. 

Additionally, since the CNAME record appears to be entered correctly, your subdomain (www.ariegastudios.com) should be working properly. For the time being, I suggest switching your primary domain to the www. version. This should allow your customers to access your store while you work on removing the additional A-Record.

Let me know how this works out for you by replying here. If there are any issues removing the additional A-Record, I suggest reaching out to 123 reg for further assistance. If the additional A-Record is needed for something and you're unable to remove it, please also let me know so we can take a closer look together. 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 2 (2)

Ash
Shopify Staff (Retired)
764 88 160

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @kevyg!

Ash here from the Shopify team. Welcome to the Shopify Community! 

It looks like you're experiencing some issues with a custom domain connected to your Shopify account. I'm happy to help out with this! In order for a custom domain to connect successfully to Shopify, there are two required DNS records that need to be applied to the domain. The records are: 

• A-Record: 23.227.38.65
  • CNAME Record: shops.myshopify.com

Any additional records to the above could potentially cause issues with the function of the domain on Shopify. Using a DNS checker website, I was able to check out the DNS records associated with your domain ariegastudios.com. The CNAME record appears to be fine, but when I check out the A-Record, I see two entries. In addition to the Shopify A-Record, I also see "100.24.208.97". I believe that record is causing the "SSL Pending" issue. If that additional A-Record is not being used for anything else, removing it should clear up the problem. 

Additionally, since the CNAME record appears to be entered correctly, your subdomain (www.ariegastudios.com) should be working properly. For the time being, I suggest switching your primary domain to the www. version. This should allow your customers to access your store while you work on removing the additional A-Record.

Let me know how this works out for you by replying here. If there are any issues removing the additional A-Record, I suggest reaching out to 123 reg for further assistance. If the additional A-Record is needed for something and you're unable to remove it, please also let me know so we can take a closer look together. 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

kevyg
Visitor
2 0 1

Perfect ! Thank you .