Site down: Domain Configured Correctly, and then suddenly shows wrong registrar and doesn't work now

Highlighted
1 0 1

Hi Community!  

I have a domain related issue.  My shopify store was correctly configured and working correctly, until I logged into make other changes and noticed the alerts that my domain wasn't connected.  According to Shopify CNAME and A records are empty / incorrect.  However, if I check Dreamhost  (the registrar) everything is connected correctly according to the settings, and nothing has been changed. On SHOPIFY'S side - the registrar shows as Enom (It's Dreamhost).  I haven't made any changes to the domain since it was set up.  I've made quite a few of these now, and I've never run into anything like this.  

Shopify support says 24/7, but that must be the self running hamster wheel of videos but no actual support.  I've contacted Dreamhost as well, but of course this happens when their live chat is down for maintenance and it's a Saturday night.  

Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
815 95 136

Hi, @AlmquistDesign,

Hank here from Shopify.

When you made changes, was anything in relation to your domain or was it a case that is when you noticed your domain was not connected?

Have you any emails from your domain host, perhaps indicating an issue with the domain, or has it recently been renewed/expired? 

Once any changes have made to the DNS settings, it can take up to 72 hours for domain propagation, but I will share this guide with you about connecting your domain, to ensure all the steps are as they appear on your end.

Can you share your domain with me and I will be able to check your DNS settings on my end?

All the best,

Hank

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes