Site (storefront) can't load on specific computer - Time Out

wrxm33
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi there, 

I am experiencing a very weird problem.  Occasionally, I can't access the storefront on a particular computer.  The error message just saying it is timed out.  But I've been using the same computer setting up and accessing the store front numerous time without problem.  I can have other laptop or phone on the same networking accessing the store front.  I tried clear cache and deleted all history.  No luck.  Tried EDGE, Chrome and Firefox -- no luck.  I can access the back office without any issue.

This happened before, and the problem will be gone on the next day.  

Same thing happened to my colleague before as well. 

Thoughts?? 

Anthony

0 Likes
Tira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
887 50 141

Hello, Anthony!

I can understand how having intermittent access to your storefront can be very confusing, especially on the same computer. It sounds like you successfully accessed your storefront on different devices on the same network, but when using the same computer with different browsers and clearing your cache/history, it did not make a difference. This does seem like it could be a local issue to the computer.

Did your colleague use the same computer when they experienced the same issue? Sometimes a restart of the computer can help! It’s also possible that your computer may need to be updated to the latest version, especially if the storefront is working on other devices on the same internet network.

How long ago did this start happening for you? If you wouldn’t mind sharing the link to your store here, I can take a deeper look!

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
wrxm33
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi Tira,

I tried every methods that I can do get but no luck..    This happened on my computer a month ago and it happened again yesterday and it is still doing that today.  My colleague I mentioned before was using another Mac computer and he tried both chrome and safari as well.  It just happened to him one day just like my first incident last month. 

0 Likes
Tira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
887 50 141

Thanks for getting back to me with more information! That does sound really strange. Do you experience this with other websites at all, or only with your storefront? When this is happening, is it when using your myshopify.com URL? Or when using a custom domain? If it's a custom domain, did you purchase this through Shopify, or through a third-party service?

If it's through a third-party, I recommend reaching out to your third-party service for support. Since you mentioned earlier that the admin can be accessed, and that it's only the storefront with intermittent unavailability, it's possible it's the domain. 

0 Likes
wrxm33
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi Tina,

I have resolved this and found it is a in depth network issue. 

Everything is good now.

Thanks,

Anthony

RMartIndia
1 0 0

i am facing the same problem..

before when the site was on myshopify.com it was working good but now when i have put it on my own server by changing the zone settings as told by shopify the site is not working on many mobiles and computers

rmartindia.com

0 Likes
Tira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
887 50 141

Hi, @RMartIndia.

Tira here, from Shopify.

Thank you for providing the details about your store and your store URL. I would like to ask some questions to troubleshoot this together:

How did you find out that your store is not showing on different mobile views and computers?

Did a customer reach out to you to let you know? 

Does an error appear when your store is accessed on these devices?

Can you post a screenshot of what you're seeing?

It sounds like you might have changed the DNS settings of your domain. Did you purchase the domain from Shopify, or from a third-party host? 

If you purchased it from a third-party host, please login to your provider's control panel, and make sure the A Record is set to 23.227.38.65 and the CNAME set to shops.myshopify.com. Check our our help doc for more information here: Connecting your domain - what to tell your third-party domain provider.

Talk soon!

0 Likes
user31
2 0 0

Hello, 

From 3 days, when i try to log in to my shopify store form my laptop it gives me this message:

This site can’t be reached

The connection was reset.

Try:

ERR_CONNECTION_RESET

If i use my phone with the same network everything is normal. Also if i use another computer with another network, again everything is just perfect. Please help me to fix this.

Best Regards!
0 Likes
Tira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
887 50 141

Hi, @user31.

Tira here, from Shopify Support. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are not able to login to your store from your laptop. I appreciate you did some troubleshooting on your own. 

It sounds like this is a local issue to your computer, as you mentioned you're able to login from different devices. This would be outside our scope of support. I recommend searching these errors in Google to find an article that can help you resolve this. 

I am curious to see what the Shopify Community has to suggest! 

0 Likes
user31
2 0 0

Thank you for your answer! I connect with my internet provider, he decide to change my IP adress and the problem was solved. Just a several hours later the problem starts again It happens not only when i try to log in to shopify, it also happens when i try to open some pages into my website (the same message was shown on my screen and again only from my laptop with current internet connection)

My internet provider thinks i migh have something like ban or block from the website, because it happens again. (but i can log in from my phone with the same internet connection...)

What do you think? For me is very hard to work that way, i really need a solution

Best regards! 

0 Likes