Slow loading time for site

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
86 6 20

I believe he is saying to try and narrow it down which app it came from and if it is still being used.

If it doesn't break anything you weren't really using that code to begin with and doesn't belong to an app you are currently using, you can probably just get rid of it.

Some low quality app developers will leave code inside of your theme.liquid file even after it has been uninstalled. There are much better methods for app developers to install code onto your website.

Cheers,

ui-gab
https://www.uiavenue.ca
We specialize in data analytics. If I've helped you today, please give our app a try for free https://apps.shopify.com/ui-ave-analytics and maybe write a good review.
Send me a message if you want a free analytics consultation.
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1909 82 243

I believe he is saying to try and narrow it down which app it came from and if it is still being used.

Yes commenting out such a change can help identify apps by then testing the theme for changes, missing features or errors

As can going through the older versions to correlate when the change occured

Problem Solved? ✔️Accept and ? Like the solution so you can help others.
Buy me a coffee ☕ paypal.me/paulnewton or donate to eff.org
Confused? Busy? Buy a custom solution paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com.
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 0

Thank you so much for both of your help and advices! @ui-gab @PaulNewton 

I have looked through the older version of the theme.liquid file and this code has been there ever since the very 1st version of the code.

So I still could not figure out which is the app that is causing this.

I tried to comment out the code and now the site loading improved so much!

Shall leave it as it is and monitor whether it affected any app.

Thank you both!!! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1909 82 243

@nov_sg 

I have looked through the older version of the theme.liquid file and this code has been there ever since the very 1st version of the code

Hrrrm keep in mind file versions don't propagate when you duplicate a theme so if you have unpublished version you'd have to dig.

There's also the option of getting a copy of the latest version of the theme and checking if its' there.

Overall seems a little suspicious to me since a basic search turns up zero indications of what app is using that domain.

If it's not a sloppy app uninstall it could also be tracking code someone added to have I.P address data on your customers.

I'd definately contact the theme developers for clarification if this is supposed to be in there and if they say no remove it permanently eventually.

No need to reply.

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

hi @nov_sg 

I am facing the same problem.

Did you manage to identify which app is behind shopoe.net? It seems that isn't loading anymore on your website. 

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1909 82 243

@Ismaelo find the relevant line in your theme and either delete it or comment it out by wrapping it with comment tags:

{%-comment-%}
{%endcomment%}
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 0

Hi @Ismaelo, unfortunately I have not identify which app is causing this but after using the method that @PaulNewton mentioned about commenting it out, I managed to stop it from loading anymore. 

0 Likes