So Frustrated - Shop now button not working on FB, no shopify products showing

Highlighted
1 0 0

So I set up my shopify store, I set up my facebook page. I linked them. It took forever (much longer than 48 hours) for facebook to "review" my shop, but eventually they approved it.

I'm finally getting around to adding products to my store. Since my facebook shop is linked to my shopify, it should be showing products. It isnt, and theres a few weird things going on, too.

So first, my shopify is definitely linked to my fb page. The products I am trying to get on there are definitely published on my shopify. I definitely have the facebook page set to the shop template, and I have the shop now tab enabled. I have already tried to remedy this before making this post.

But some weird stuff is happening. If I go to my shop tab on my account, it tells me "manage your collections in shopify". Which I click, and it takes me there. But its showing the products on my facebook shop section of my shopify, just not on my actual facebook page. Not only that, but when others click my shop now tab, it does a few different things. If they are using google chrome or safari, it takes them to an error page that says "sorry this content isnt available at the moment". If they are on firefox, theres a grey message at the top of my facebook page that says "[my page] added a "shop now" button to their page", but no shop now button can be seen. 

I'm really frustrated. I dont know how to fix this, or what I've done wrong. I'm close to giving up on shopify already because it seems way too much trouble than it's worth. I'm sure I'm missing details here but I'm mad and it's late. Thanks for any help it is greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Sorry I can't help.  I;m experiencing the same problems and its driving me nuts!!!!!!

@Cadillac_Girl wrote:

So I set up my shopify store, I set up my facebook page. I linked them. It took forever (much longer than 48 hours) for facebook to "review" my shop, but eventually they approved it.

I'm finally getting around to adding products to my store. Since my facebook shop is linked to my shopify, it should be showing products. It isnt, and theres a few weird things going on, too.

So first, my shopify is definitely linked to my fb page. The products I am trying to get on there are definitely published on my shopify. I definitely have the facebook page set to the shop template, and I have the shop now tab enabled. I have already tried to remedy this before making this post.

But some weird stuff is happening. If I go to my shop tab on my account, it tells me "manage your collections in shopify". Which I click, and it takes me there. But its showing the products on my facebook shop section of my shopify, just not on my actual facebook page. Not only that, but when others click my shop now tab, it does a few different things. If they are using google chrome or safari, it takes them to an error page that says "sorry this content isnt available at the moment". If they are on firefox, theres a grey message at the top of my facebook page that says "[my page] added a "shop now" button to their page", but no shop now button can be seen. 

I'm really frustrated. I dont know how to fix this, or what I've done wrong. I'm close to giving up on shopify already because it seems way too much trouble than it's worth. I'm sure I'm missing details here but I'm mad and it's late. Thanks for any help it is greatly appreciated.

0 Likes