Someone please help! My store is no longer available on Shopify 😳

Solved
ColebySC
1 0 0

Hi there, I'm new to Shopify and I opened a store several months ago.  After a couple months of no activity, I decided I would take my store down (save $30 month) and regroup; planning to try again later.  I DID NOT want to loose the work I did to create dozens of listings.  The only sale I ever had was the test sale I gave myself under "test mode".  I never "fulfilled" that order btw. 

Now, 2 moths later or so, Shopify reaches out via email to tell me the following:

"We’re writing to let you know that as of April 30th, 2021 (12:00 am),  your store will no longer be available on Shopify.  We've recently contacted you via the email on various reports of unfulfilled orders filed by your customers.

What do I need to do?
These reports included that various attempts to contact you yielded no positive results. Shopify does not support any form of fraudulent eCommerce practices hence your Shopify store has been flagged for review.

To continue using Shopify services you will need to perform the following verification:

• Proof of delivery for any of your products (not older than two months)
  • Proof of business ownership
  • Identity verification"

I actually never heard from them so I don't know what they mean by various attempts to contact me.  I hope my store isn't gone.  I spend countless hours setting it up. 

Can someone please let me know what's going on here? 

Thank you! 

0 Likes
Ava
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
854 54 131

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @ColebySC,

I'm Ava from Shopify, I'd like to help here.

I can definitely understand the frustration here, and I'm sure we can get to the bottom of things. If there has been no response from a merchant when we reach out for account verification, this can lead us to further investigate to ensure the merchant in question is operating their business in a way that adheres to our Terms of Service and Acceptable Use Policy. I'm not sure why you may not have gotten any emails from our team previously, they may have been sorted into your Spam folder by your email provider? Not to worry though, we can still move forward from here!

The best thing to do would be to reach out to our support team begin a live chat with our team. This will allow the team to authenticate you as the account owner so our Accounts team can further investigate this for you! Our team will most likely still need the documents they've requested from you in this email, but it is best to reach out to our team so we can make sure the documents are submitted correctly. You can explain at that stage that the orders on your site would be test orders carried out by yourself.

Also, we always keep your store the way you left it for up to 60 days after a store is closed - just in case you decide to come back and start selling again! So you won't have lost any work you've done to your store. 

So the next step for you here is to reach out to our support team via the link above! I'm sure they can resolve this for you soon. Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic.

Thank you!

Ava
Social Care | help.shopify.com

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog