Staff account not found for email

2 0 0

One of our staff members is unable to login to the admin region. She keep receiving an error stating "There's no account for this email. Enter a different one or create an account."

There is a staff account with that email. Anyone else run into this? Suggestions?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
520 46 70

Hey, @bcorrigan!

Ash here from the Shopify team. Welcome to the Shopify Community! 

I'm sorry to hear that one of your staff members is having some trouble logging into the admin. I'm happy to help out! In order to assist, I'd like to start by getting some more information surrounding the problem. Could you please reply back to this post and let me know the following? 
  • When did you create the staff account for them? 
  • Did they accept the invite through their email? 
  • Has this staff member successfully logged into the admin with their staff account in the past? If so, when was their last successful log in? 
  • Could you please send a screenshot of the error they're getting? 

Once I have that information, we can determine the best way to proceed. Additionally, here are some troubleshooting steps your staff member can try. If the issue is localized to their computer or browser, these steps should resolve the problem: 

• Check your browser for any available updates and complete them if able
  • Clear your browsers cache and cookies (https://kb.iu.edu/d/ahic)
  • Access your shop in a private / incognito browsing session and try again
  • Try in an alternate browser and complete the above steps again
  • Try on an alternate device and complete the above steps again

Hopefully those steps resolve the issue, but if not, I look forward to hearing back from you with the above requested additional information so we can continue to work through this together. 

Ash | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
  • Hard to say when the account was created, probably well over a year ago.
  • I'm assuming accepted around that time
  • Her last successful login was August 6th of this year.
  • Screenshot-error.png

I'll have her check her browser settings, but I tried to log in to her account on mine and received the same error.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
520 46 70

Hey, @bcorrigan!

Thank you for getting back to me with the additional information and the screenshot. In order to further assist, I'm going to need to take a closer look into this on my end. Before I can do so, I'll need to authenticate you on the shop in question. I've sent an email to the email address associated with your Shopify Community account with the next steps. Please reply to that email, and we can continue to work through this together!

Ash | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes