Structured data automatically changes product names

migreen06
Tourist
8 0 6

I have an issue with the structured data/ schema markup. I added all of the fields and checked it with the Structured Data Testing Tool and the Google Rich Results checker and both said it was good. However, when I add it on the product pages, they have errors. If the product doesn't have any variables the "name" field, for some reason, shows as "default title". The products that do have variables show the size in the spot for the name. These are not the names I specified so I am not sure how they are showing up that way. I also don't know where to access this information so I can change it. I have been adding the structured data to the end of the product descriptions opposed to editing the code. Any help is greatly appreciated!

AlexHodzitsky
Shopify Partner
70 19 26

Hey Migreen! Hope you are doing well!

Please provide a link to your store and problem products.

Alex

I didn't choose the Shopify, the Shopify chose me.
Linkedin: alex-hodzitsky
migreen06
Tourist
8 0 6

Hi! I hope you are, as well.

The site is ateliumjewelry.com

Nearly every product is affected. In Google Search Console, when I test a product page, it shows the product and its variants correctly configured (minus 2 unimportant warnings) but then directly under that, it shows all the variants again with the size as the name and says that nearly every markup is missing.

Screenshot 2021-05-07 133320.pngScreenshot 2021-05-07 133539.pngScreenshot 2021-05-07 133608.pngScreenshot 2021-05-07 133151.png

AlexHodzitsky
Shopify Partner
70 19 26

Yes, I see your problem, for some reason, all product variants are trying to be displayed in the proposals, but only the current variant should be indicated. I can help you with this, but for this I will need access to your themes so that I can study the code responsible for the product microdata. If you do not mind such help, then I will send an access request to your site.

I didn't choose the Shopify, the Shopify chose me.
Linkedin: alex-hodzitsky
migreen06
Tourist
8 0 6

Thanks for your help.

Here is a screen shot for where I think that information is coming from. Does this help at all? 

Screenshot 2021-05-08 150952.png