Subdomain Creation Issue

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi everyone,

I have a domain from bluehost, but i'm using Shopify hosting.

I have already a shop pointing to my root domain, but now I want to create a new shop to a different market in a subdomain.

I can't create the subdomain on bluehost because I don't have the hosting with them, and I'm can't find a way to create it on Shopify.

Does anyone knows how can I do that?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
740 39 125

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @socialninjas.

My name is Tira and I am here to help. 

Thanks for posting in the community. I understand that you want to connect a subdomain to your new store, and that you've purchased a third-party domain. You've used this domain on your first store. 

Have you reached out to Bluehost to see if they are able to help you create a subdomain for your second store? The reason I ask, is because the third-party domain provider will need to create the subdomain for you if you wish to connect a new store to it. Once you have the subdomain created, you can follow the steps listed in our help doc here to connect your third-party domain to your store: Connecting a third-party domain. You can contact Bluehost through their contact page here

Are you planning on keeping your first store? 

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi Tira,

Actually, contacting them was my first step, but they told me that since I don't have the hosting with them, I should create the subdomain on the hosting side (so shopify...)

I will contact them again and see what they will tell me now. 

Yes I will. I want my first shop as my US store and I want a new one to sell to European countries.

Thank you for your help! 

I will let you know what they tell me.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi Tira.

So, that told me that they can't create the subdomain, but they pointed the subdomain to Shopify IP address.

Since, you have a domain only account with us there is no option to create subdomain. However, we can create a DNS records for subdomain and point it to Shopify if you have the DNS records.

So know, I should be able to connect the subdomain following the steps you sent right?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

I did it and it worked.

Thank you so much for your help!

Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
740 39 125

I'm glad to hear this worked for you, @socialninjas. Happy that I could help!

Since you're looking to create a store for a different region, I thought I would share our help doc on International Domains. International Domains allow you to set-up both Shopify-owned and third-party domains and subdomains so that you can cater your store's language and currency to a specific region or country. This is ideal if you're looking to sell your products to multiple countries. You can learn more about the requirements to set this up, how to set this up on your store, frequently asked questions, and related links, here: International Domains

Cheers,

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes