Subdomain SSL

Solved
r66ssp
1 0 0

So I was able to connect a subdomain from a separately hosted website to my Shopify account. Essentially, we have a main page for content, and a subdomain page that will direct users to the shopify store front. i.e. domain.com (main website) and store.domain.com (Shopify store)

The issue now is that store.domain.com is not a secured connection. In my Domains page, it says "SSL Pending". Am I supposed to do anything else to enable SSL on the subdomain, or is that just a matter of time/processing before the SSL is enabled on the store.domain.com subdomain? 

Thanks!

0 Likes
Trevor
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
2583 339 526

This is an accepted solution.

@r66ssp 

SSL certificates should connect within 24 hours of adding the domain. If the SSL certificate stays in pending mode, then it may be due to the DNS records of your domain. You'll want to ensure you do not have any additional DNS records other than the CNAME record for your subdomain. More information on SSL certificates can be found here

If you do not have any additional records and the pending status appears longer than 24 hours, then I'd recommend contacting Shopify Support so they can look into reprovisioning the certificate. You can contact Shopify Support by logging in through our Help Centre here. 

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes