Submitted URL blocked by robots.txt - All Store Links Blocked?

Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1
Hi,

I would like to request urgent help for my site www.lordtimepieces.com 

Google search console has flagged the error  “Submitted URL blocked by robots.txt” as per below:

Google is indexing my site, but is hiding the title and descriptions for all of the content on my site  

Shopify’s Response: 
Shopify is already optimized to work the best possible way in search engines. The robots.txt is automatically generated by Shopify for each site. We work with Google to make sure it's optimal and our page extensions are indexed properly.
Unless Google can outlined exactly what is blocking we cannot locate any source that would be blocking the robots.txt from reading the Page Description, considering other search engines have no issue viewing the data.

The site is being indexed correctly by bing.com and other search engines correctly.

The robots.txt can't be modified. Shopify is already optimized to work the best possible way in search engines. The robots.txt is automatically generated by Shopify for each site. We work with Google to make sure it's optimal and our page extensions are indexed properly.
If certain pages aren't being indexed, there may be something else blocking them such as an app. 
You can see how to submit your sitemap to Google right here.

My developer has said the issue may have occurred due to duplicating the theme on another site, which was done to create a dev store. This site is not available.

I would be ever so grateful if someone could provide me with a solution for this issue as I cannot seem to find anything on forums in regards to this issue.

Thank you

Highlighted
Tourist
18 0 2

Noticed this post has been up here a while with no responses. Did you ever get a solution to this issue as I am having exactly the same one. Google has suddenly stopped listing my products, pages etc correctly in search results. Everything was fine until a few months ago and visitor numbers (and therefore sales) has fallen through the floor since. Somebody, either at Shopify or at Google has altered something and is now having a very severe impact on my business. Of over 1500 pages listed in my sitemap, nearly 1300 are blocked by the robots.txt, a robots.txt that Shopify seem unwilling to allow those of us paying for their service the right to access and amend.

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions to get this situation fixed I'd be pleased to hear them, if not I'm going to have little choice but to move to another ecommerce service where I can actually start selling again.

https://hellwoodoutfitters.com
0 Likes