Subscribe Newsletter Discount (Brooklyn theme)

Solved
Highlighted
16 0 0

Hi,

I am using the brooklyn theme from shopify and I have selected the newsletter widget on my homepage. I want to create a discount code  for new subscribers + 10% off your 1st order. However when I go to customize and go to the newsletter widget I dont see any settings I can play with. Only a form to fill out some text.

Where can I set this up? I want to use the widget from this brooklyn theme. I saw on the klaviyo app some popups subscriber widgets but I dont like them.

Can someone help me out?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
518 33 72

Hey, there.

Dallas here from the Social Care Team here at Shopify.

On the Shopify Store Admin, we have the capability for you to capture email addresses, but if you want particular customizations like what you're wanting then you're going to need to have some external assistance. If you're not keen on Klaviyo there are some other great apps that you can use like SmartrMail  or OmniSend which are great alternatives if you don't want to use Klaviyo.

The best thing is that it is compatible with companies like JustUno, which is what I personally used to customize my popup. It's great for creating popups and it's good for CRO (Conversion Rate Optimization ) tools. I also used it alongside Canava which I used to design an image and then I uploaded the image to JustUno as the background for the popup. After that, I added all the specific sections for customer name, email, etc. that are necessary when signing up. Once the design process was done, I connected JustUno with my email service (which is Klaviyo for me, but you can use any of the other options) which allows you to sent email flows out to your customers automatically with the discount after they sign up.

For the discount, I suggest that you make a discount that is a "one time per customer" discount code. In order to do that you need to go to your Shopify Store Admin and click on Discounts. From there you can click on Create Discount, and there is no need for you to then click on Automatic Discount as that doesn't apply to this situation.

2019-10-h5zz6-vmiz2

2019-10-0qqr7-xb5bs

Once you're on the discount page you can add all the parameters that you need, but just make sure that you set the usage limits to one per customer.

2019-10-zu6ss-owneb

Another option would be to give each customer a personal discount code which can be done by using the app Bulk Discounts. Once integrated with your email program each customer will get an email with their custom discount code.

So if I was to list out the steps that you should take for this particular instance I would say:

• Create a discount with the "One use per customer" parameters
  • Design a popup newspaper notification in Canava 
  • Add that Image to Just Uno 
  • Connect JustUno with your email service of choice
  • Connect that with Shopify.

I know it sounds like a lot of steps, but I assure you (after having done this for my customers) it is very much worth the initial setup steps because after that it's very easy.

If you're looking to increase email signups, do you have a plan for your email marketing? Email marketing is a marketing tool that is very much underutilized by many businesses and I can't stress enough how helpful it can be for your business! If you're just getting on the trail for email success I strongly suggest you look over the Shopify Academy Email Marketing 101 course. I went through it myself and it really helped me to wrap my head around all of the steps.

What steps have you taken for email marketing so far?

Dallas | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes

hi,hope you doing good

try this 

https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/promoting-marketing/discount-codes/create-discount-codes

if you face any issue let m know

Thanks & Regards
Perennial Solution

Would like to add new functionality or customize an existing one, please hire us.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: infoperennialsolution@gmail.com
0 Likes
16 0 0

Hi,

Thank you Dallas and Perennial. 

This is the standard widget from the brooklyn theme and this widget I want too use. However how do I link this widget to a discount code? So when someone subscribes to this widget newsletter, they get a mail with 10% discount code. Can I do this in shopify? Maybe I dont understand the explanations alreay given...?

widget.png

0 Likes
16 0 0

So I signed up for mailchimp and you can make your own subscribe embeded forms or popups but this is also not what I want.

I want to use the widget that is included in the brooklyn theme. But I cant find any settings in the shopify admin?

0 Likes
16 0 0

I did everything in this topic.

https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-Design/How-to-add-Mailchimp-on-Brooklyn-subscribe-form/m-p/4...

So now my mailchimp is linked to the newsletter widget from brooklyn theme. And that worked (almost)

When I subscribe with a mail, in the next page I see my whole adress? Also, how do I send a mail with discount code for peoples 1st order?

0 Likes
16 0 0

And again I'm further then my last message.

So I integrated mailchimp into the brooklyn theme newsletter widget. CHECK.

I downloaded a discount app and linked it to mailchimp. CHECK

I created a mail for new subscribers. CHECK

The mail works. CHECK

My last problem is this: when I put a mail into the subscriber form and I click subscribe, the next page looks like this:

aaap.png

Why can people see my adress?

If I clink continue to our website: its just a plain white website with this in the url: about:blank#blocked

Can I set up a thank you message for subscribing and sent them back to my webshop?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
518 33 72

The reason the address shows up is that MailChimp has a policy that will show the address of the business that your customer will be subscribing to. There isn't a workaround for that because that is a feature put into play by MailChimp so they remain in full control of the functionality of that feature. 

A secondary note is that you should check your email as well and double-check to see that your address shows up on the footer as well. The address can be changed in your MailChimp account settings. However, the address will always show up. 

In all honesty, I still recommend that you use Omnisend or Seguno since you can sync your customer list to and from their mail services. Both of those have a free plan available to get started. Also, Omnisend has SMS available too as a way to stay in direct contact with customers. This helps increase customer loyalty and engagement.

0 Likes
16 0 0

Hey Dallas,

Thank you but it worked with Mailchimp. I embeded a thank you for subscribing page and the adress is gone. Also when people subscribe now they get a mail with a discount code just like I wanted.

Thank you again!

0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
518 33 72

Perfect! I'm so glad that you got it all working nicely.

If you have any more questions or if you need any more assistance please let me know. 

Best, 

0 Likes