Subtotal not updating correctly

13 0 0

I've noticed an error with my site https://deskmess.com/

As the title suggests, the cart isn't updating correctly when a product is added to cart. 

For example, if I add product A for $10, the subtotal will show as $0

When I add product B for $5, the subtotal will then show the $10 for product A

When proceeding to checkout it shows correctly, when I refresh and then view cart again it also shows correctly, however every time it won't display the last add to cart in the total, whether there's 1 item or 10. 

I've tried in multiple currencies too and it's the same issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm using the supply theme. Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
9974 84 1491

Have you tested your site with a fresh theme that doesn't have the currency convertor in place?
Not that this is your issue for sure, but feels like a very good starting place.

★ Winning Partner of the Build a Business competition. ★ http://freakdesign.com.au
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
640 59 127

Hey there, @deskmess 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

Thank you for reaching out regarding this. Judging by how you have described the error, it would appear to be a coding issue, specifically with the cart.liquid as the error is not being carried as far as the checkout. I understand why you would need this resolved urgently. To proceed, I will need to ask you a few questions in order to troubleshoot this.

• When did you notice this issue? 
  • Have you made any code changes to your theme recently?
  • Have any apps been added or removed prior to you noticing this issue? 
  • Could you provide a link to your store, please? 

In my experience, issues such as this can be easily resolved by rolling your theme file back to an earlier version. As this issue is occurring on the cart I would recommend rolling the cart.liquid back to an earlier version to see if this will resolve the issue. You can read up on this process here. 

If there is no older version of the theme file I would recommend replacing the file code with a fresh version.

1. To do this please go to Online Store > Explore Free Themes and add another version of Supply.
  2. Once the new version of Supply has been added to your store you will click on Actions > Edit Code and then open the cart.liquid file.
  3. Copy all of the code from this file.
  4. Go back to Online Store and click on Actions > Edit Code for the live version of your theme. 
  5. Open the cart.liquid and replace all of the code with the code you have copied from the newer version.
  6. Click Save.

If none of this works, please do get back to me with answers to the above question, I will be more than happy to help! 

All the Best,

Bo

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
13 0 0

I managed to fix it by changing the cart type from modal to page. I also tried using an older version of the cart.liquid before but that didn't work either. 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
640 59 127

Hey there, @deskmess 

Thank you for letting me know. If you would rather use the module version please do let me know. I can reach out to you via email to get this escalated to our theme team to investigate. 

All the Best,

Bo

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes