Success message not showing after message sent from contact page

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi everyone. I am having trouble with getting the success message to show up after someone submits a query through the contact page. I am using Retina theme from Out of the Sandbox. The current code is (which is the default one from the theme):

{% if form.posted_successfully? %}
<p class="quote">{{ 'contact.form.post_success' | t }}</p>
{% endif %}

{% if form.errors %}
<p class="quote">{{ 'general.forms.post_error' | t }}</p>
{% assign message = 'contact.form.message' | t %}
<ul class="center">
{% for field in form.errors %}
{% if field == 'form' %}
<li>
{{ form.errors.messages[field] }}
</li>
{% else %}
<li>
{% assign field_name = field | replace: 'body', message %}
{{ 'general.forms.post_field_error_html' | t: field: field_name, error: form.errors.messages[field] }}
</li>
{% endif %}
{% endfor %}
</ul>
{% endif %}

When the Send button is clicked all that happens is that the page refreshes and the details in the message box disappear. It does come through to my inbox though so there is nothing wrong except for the fact that the success message does not show up. 

Would appreciate insights on how to fix this!

Cheers people

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Have you found a solution to this? I have the same issue but different theme. I contact the theme author and they said that this is core shopify functionality. I cannot find the settings to it anywhere

0 Likes
Highlighted
Astronaut
1083 175 211

Hello,

Thank you for your question.

Please share your store URL, page URL and also password (if your store has one), I'll help you out to the best of my ability.

Kind regards,
Diego

◦ Problem Solved? ✔️ Please click on Accept as Solution and like.
◦ Hire me! Recommended by 25+ customers on Facebook. Click here to read their reviews.
◦ Contact me at: diego.boarutto.fortes@gmail.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Diego,

Here is the URL: https://homechefsdeli.ph/pages/contact

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Astronaut
1083 175 211

Hello,

I just checked it, thank you.
It would require Liquid/CSS/Javascript knowledge to implement this feature, I'm afraid that unfortunately there is no simple copy-paste solution otherwise I'd happily guide you through.

Basically what you'd have to do is add a specific code whenever the query string returned "contact_posted=true".

If you'd like to, I'm available for hire.
I work full time as a developer and had the pleasure to work with dozens of people from this very forum.
More than 20 of them were kind to write a recommendation about my work, you can read them clicking here. (written from their original Facebook accounts for legitimacy purposes) 

Wishing you a great day.

Kind regards,
Diego

◦ Problem Solved? ✔️ Please click on Accept as Solution and like.
◦ Hire me! Recommended by 25+ customers on Facebook. Click here to read their reviews.
◦ Contact me at: diego.boarutto.fortes@gmail.com
0 Likes