Solved

Suddenly a lot customers from other countries

TomVDW
Visitor
3 0 0

Can anyone help me? 

Normally my website has approx. 20 visitors a day.

Since this morning I already have 100 visitors. Mainly from the US and the UK. 

Is someone or something scanning or 'attacking' my store?

Don't feel confident with it.

Accepted Solutions (2)
Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1024

This is an accepted solution.

Thanks for sharing your store. 

If you have been doing some SEO and other things of this nature, it can be a slow burner that eventually pays off which could be the result here. 

Having more traffic will itself increase his SEO rank so that's positive thing.

1. They could be customers!

2. Have your orders increased? 

Are you getting any spam sign ups or abandoned carts that would indicate bots at all? If you are concerned you could try using Hotjar or something similar to see what your customers are up to but it doesn't sound like that something to worry about. 

Also, are there any trends as to when the visitors appear or is it sporadic? (e.g not 100 people appearing at 9.00 on the dot each morning) 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1024

It's very possible that your SEO has started to kick in and you're getting some more store visitors now, that would make a lot of sense. I would think it is this. 

Hopefully you will get some sales from it soon!

View solution in original post

Replies 5 (5)

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1024

Hi @TomVDW,

Nick here from Shopify. Great questions! 

Is someone or something scanning or 'attacking' my store?

I'd like to get a little more information from you first. It's difficult to know why this might be happening, as it could be for a number of reasons. I do want say, I highly doubt it would be something like someone scanning or 'attacking' your store, so I wouldn't worry about that. 

Did you have a social media campaign or some ads set up at all? I'm wondering if you did and this might be an after effect to some degree. Or did someone promote your store in some way? 

Along with their locations, in the analytics you can see where the visitors have come from (such as mobile, desktop etc.), did you take a look to see if there was a trend with that also? 

Would you also be able to link your store, so I can take a look. The one thing I can recommend now with the information you've given is to maybe add the fraud protector app, but this would just be precautionary, I don't think there's anything to worry about. You can see the free Shopify Fraud Filter app here

Hope this helps and let me know what you find out! 

Thanks, Nick

TomVDW
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi Nick,

This is my website :https://vdwatches.myshopify.com/

I did not do a special campaign. Just my normal Google campaign. As I can see all the customers are directly surfing from their desktop and it is still keep going.

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1024

Thanks for sharing your store. 

If you have been doing some SEO and other things of this nature, it can be a slow burner that eventually pays off which could be the result here. 

Having more traffic will itself increase his SEO rank so that's positive thing.

1. They could be customers!

2. Have your orders increased? 

Are you getting any spam sign ups or abandoned carts that would indicate bots at all? If you are concerned you could try using Hotjar or something similar to see what your customers are up to but it doesn't sound like that something to worry about. 

Also, are there any trends as to when the visitors appear or is it sporadic? (e.g not 100 people appearing at 9.00 on the dot each morning) 

TomVDW
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi Nick,

Thank you for your information :).

I did setup my SEO a good month ago. Could it be possible it now start to become integrated or working better?

My orders did not increase but that is because my shipping costs to other countries are not very low. No spam or something like that.

So I think it is just normal and I have to be glad I have more visitors :):)

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1024

It's very possible that your SEO has started to kick in and you're getting some more store visitors now, that would make a lot of sense. I would think it is this. 

Hopefully you will get some sales from it soon!