Supply theme: Compare at price not working on homepage and collection page

Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi

When I discount products using the compare at price feature of shopify, it shows the same price twice on the homepage and collection page.

The prices are set correctly in the back end. Here's the link to my store: https://avotheastore.com/

Homepage and collection pageHomepage and collection page

product pageproduct page

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
688 63 88

Hey, @TonyBatsleer.

Elias here with Shopify Support. Thank you for reaching out.

I've taken a look at your website and it seems the compare at price has been removed. It's possible that the issue may have been due to the browser or theme needing some time to refresh, you can also try clearing the browser's caches or check if the issue persists on a different device/browser. If the issue persists, simply get back to me here and I'd be happy to take a closer look.

I've also had the opportunity to look at your shop and I think you're off to a great start. I love seeing the store policies in your footer menu; however, I think there's an opportunity to add the store policies and other resources onto the main menu. At the moment, customers need to scroll all the way to the bottom to find the store policies, which isn't easily noticeable. By adding them to the main menu, especially for the hamburger menu on mobile, it will give your customers more ways to navigate your shop and they'll have an easier accessing those resources. 

It's also important to start planning on how you'll want to advertise and market your store, so you can drive more traffic and increase conversions. If you don't have a marketing plan yet, we have an amazing guide to help you with that - Developing a marketing plan. We also have free courses and video tutorials on marketing right here on Shopify Compass

That being said, can you confirm if you're still experiencing the issue on your end?

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi @Elias 

Thanks for the elaborate reply. 

I have indeed removed the compare at price because it wasn't working right. I have currently re-enabled one product so you could have a look at it: https://avothea-store.myshopify.com/admin/products/4678850838616 . It works fine on the product page, but comes wrong on the collection page. Back when I've set the compare at price for all the masks, all the prices were set wrong regardless of browser or device.

At the meantime a new problem has emerged. I'm not sure if I can ask it here or if I need to start a new thread but I'll ask it anyway. For some reason, products are pushed around and replaced with whitespace on the collection page, product page and front page (I've resolved this by limiting the shown products to 4). I've provided some screenshots:

Collection pageCollection pageProduct pageProduct page

I have no clue what could cause this. 

I've also read your tips regarding the store policies and I'll keep it in mind. I will add this menu in the future and I appreciate the advice.

Regarding the marketing of the store. At the moment I'm learning the ropes of Facebook and Google marketing, but a lot of products are not allowed as Facebook Ads (masks, gun replica's) which makes advertising not an easy job. But I'll give Shopify Compass a go and I'm sure that I'll learn a lot.

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
688 63 88

Hey, @TonyBatsleer.

Thanks for following up and for re-enabling one of the products with compare at pricing!

I've taken a look at your website and I wasn't able to replicate the issue on the collection page, as the pricing seems correct on my end. Here's a couple of screenshots for what I'm seeing at the moment.

That being said, I was able to see the issue with the product grid and the empty spaces on the collection list. Did this issue start after you installed a third-party app or added some custom coding to your theme? 

Also, can you check if the issue persists on a different Shopify theme? You can do that by adding a free theme from your admin and then checking the collection list. 

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes