Switching from Drupal to Shopify

Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 1

Hi everyone. I have a website on Drupal which I want to switch over to Shopify. I plan on just building a new website from scratch and just changing the domain hosting over. How do I build the new website whilst keeping the current one on Drupal active? Also how can I redirect the URL to the new site when completed? Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Your online store in shopify will have a domain name NameOfMyShop.myshopify.com as well as any custom domain name(s) you link to it.

So you can create your shop (picking the shop name), add the Online Store to it as a sales channel, and access the pages under development via xxx.myshopify.com, all without having any effect on your existing site.

When you are ready, you then connect your existing domain (via the 'domain' subsection under OnlineStore) and change your corresponding DNS entries.  This will take a while to propagate, so you may at that point want to replace the front page on your old site with a redirect to the xxxx.myshopify.com version temporarily, then get rid of it once everybody is going direct to the new site.

0 Likes