Syntax error in Sitelinks Searchbox

Excursionist
14 0 2

Hi Sophia,

You have been so helpful was hoping you could assist with a different issue.  

sitelink error.PNG

Google ran a URL inspection and it they came back with a syntax eror in the sitelinks searchbox.

Here's what google is showing:

Invalid items are not eligible for Google Search's rich results. 

Detected: Unnamed item

Syntax Error in Sitelinks searchbox

Our website is beachbabycribs.com

I have attached screenshots for more detail from Google below.  The highlighted part of HTML code is when I click on "URL template".

Thank you for taking a look! 

Bryan

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
157 19 29

Hi, @srb32459.

Thanks for sharing your website link here! I myself am not a coding expert, but if any developers are taking a look at this thread, they can view the page source code and might be able to pinpoint what caused the error to come up. It looks like these Sitelinks Searchbox syntax errors are often caused by third-party apps, as mentioned in this forum thread.

Can you tell me what theme you're currently using? I'd be happy to check in with our Theme Support team to see if they can provide any advice here. 

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Excursionist
14 0 2

Thank you Sophia.  I am using Debut Theme for my site.  I went through the info you posted, but still unable to fix this problem.   Appreciate any help you and the Shopify staff can provide.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
157 19 29

Hey, @srb32459!

I checked in with our Theme Support team and they'd like to take a closer look into your theme to see if they can find and resolve the cause of this syntax error. I've sent you an email so that we can authenticate your account and get it sent over to Theme Support from there. Please take a look for that email and send a reply to it when you have a moment. Thank you so much!

1 Like
1 0 0

I am also having a similar issue : https://predatorsports.com . Any guidance would be appreciated.  Thank you Scott 

Screen Shot 2019-11-12 at 8.54.28 AM.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
157 19 29

Hey, @Predator2!

I am sorry to hear that you're experiencing the same issue with the syntax error message. If you're using one of Shopify's free themes, our Theme Support team should be able to look into this to see if they can find and resolve the cause. I've sent you an email to authenticate your account. Whenever you get a chance, please respond to that email and we can proceed from there. Thanks so much!

0 Likes