TWO-STEP AUTHENTICATION HELP.

meangene
2 0 0

Hello. 

I've been locked out of my Shopify account for about a week now. I have two-step authentication on my account. I know my password but the six-digit code is not sending. It isn't my phone or my cellular service provider as I am receiving generated text messages. I have yet to receive ONE text message with a six-digit code. it has been a week. I used my recovery code... if it wasn't for that I'd be locked out of my account. I'm looking for some help on how to fix this problem, I want to continue to use the two-step authentication. but I fear that this problem will happen again.

If anyone has any information on how to get the two-step authentication to work again please help me out.

Gene.    

0 Likes
David_Weru
Trailblazer
129 9 21

You can get the shopify support to let you back in, but for 2 step authenticaton, I'd recommend using an authenticator app.

Here's the google authenticator app for example.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JMcHUpyts3E&vl=en

Text messages are not highly secure, and as in your case, sometimes they don't get sent right away or at all.

Download an authenticator app.  Once you set it up, there's a code with a timer that periodically refreshes.  That's the code you'll be entering to confirm.

meangene
2 0 0

Thank you for the advice. I will look into using authenticator app.

0 Likes