Tag Filter is Not Working Properly

Hi everyone,

Lately, my shop's tag filters aren't working properly. When you click on a collection and choose the "filter by" drop down, only some of the products are showing that have that tag, not all of them. The products are all visible in the collection when you don't use the tags ... eg : https://www.shop.artbyjenny.com.au/collections/dylusions (see the top 3 products, acrylic paint in bottles... now choose the filter to choose "acrylic paint" and 2 are gone! Its not just this collection, it happens everywhere.

It does seem to be only happening on products I've added in the past 2 months... which is alot but better than all of them!

I'm using the 'New Standard'. I hope someone out there has a clue! Please help!

Thank you!

Be yourself. The world will adjust!
0 Likes
Nancy_Drake
Trailblazer
162 9 17

Hi @stampcrafter,

If you've got a large inventory with various product collections, you can't expect your customers to go through the entire store to find something they want. The product findability is crucial to sales funnel: the faster a shopper finds what he's looking for, the more likely he is to purchase. That's why you should consider trying the Ultimate search and filter 

It offers advanced tools for a smooth users' product discovery including Dynamic product filtering (filter products by Product attributes such as Product type, collection, vendor, product tag, variants), Color Swatch Display, Merge values, Price slider, Product count for filter value, Breadcrumb trail (selected filter values).

Moreover, you can utilize the power of AI Autocomplete search and Product match, Merchandising to promote your marketing campaigns (promote high-profit margin products, sales products, promotion banners) and Internal site search analytics.

0 Likes

Hi Nancy, thanks for your time and information.

The search in my shop works fine :) Its simple and fast, all that is necessary at the moment. Maybe I need to find an expert from Shopify? I have a feeling its a techy issue, not something another app or theme will fix. 

Thanks anyway.

0 Likes
BradKrane
Shopify Partner
44 4 8

The page https://www.shop.artbyjenny.com.au/collections/dylusions will display the builtin all collection which includes all items. The filter is changing the collections displayed. You can see this in the URL changing, when you change the filter to acrylic paint the url changes to https://www.shop.artbyjenny.com.au/collections/dylusions/acrylic-paint. This leads me to believe that those acrylic products that disappear when you filter are not actually in the acrylic-paint collection, I would take a look and make sure those products are in that collection before looking anywhere else.

0 Likes

Hi BradKrane, thanks! I've checked that already... the /acrylic-paint after the original url is the tag (from "browse by" but I've changed it to "filter by"). I'm hoping someone has answers soon... there must be something that needs fixing as its not just these paints its happening to. Just weird. I've reached out to Shopify help team too, hopefully they'll work it out soon :)

0 Likes
Nous333
Excursionist
37 0 7

Let me guess, you never heard back from Shopify? 

0 Likes
barry_james
4 0 0

did this ever get resolved - i have a simmilar issue

0 Likes
Nous333
Excursionist
37 0 7

Your solution might not be as easy as mine was.  I figured out that for some reason, Shopify was randomly selecting multiple filter tags, and obviously since I didn't have any products that were comprised of two filter tags it was just saying there are no products in the collection.  

0 Likes
barry_james
4 0 0
yep this was the issue - found this just a few mins ago

0 Likes
Nous333
Excursionist
37 0 7

Pretty ridiculous isn't it!  

Have you also had issues with product descriptions when it comes to aligning text?  These little quirks are so annoying and you'll never get ahold of an actual human being at Shopify to help you with them.. But Shopify is still the best platform so I put up with it.  

0 Likes