Tap & Chip card reader keeps disconnecting

Ice-Queens-LLC
Visitor
1 0 1

Hi,

I'm a new business owner and my tap & Chip card reader disconnected four times in one day!  I'm not sure if there is an issue with the card reader nor am exactly sure what the problem is.  I've looked literally everywhere for a Shopify customer support phone number and have been successful.  

Help!

Dasia

Replies 2 (2)

IdealBham
Excursionist
38 0 13

I am having the same issue since last week. Did you ever receive a response? We're having to take the reader out of its holder, turn it off, "forget" the device on the iPad and go through the whole repairing issue. Not great with customers waiting. 

And I have been able to catch Shopify via Chat Help a few times. I can't remember how i found it but I stumbled across a chat option and that led to an email exchange. 

artstarphilly
Visitor
2 0 0

Have also been having this issue but finally figured it out. Go to settings on your Ipad or other device that you host shopify on, scroll to the shopify pos app and make sure all buttons are toggled on. "Allow Cross-Website Tracking" was toggled off on mine and turning it on has fixed the issue.