Test enviroment for changing an email template

2 0 0

Hey,

I'm pretty new at this so bear with me.

I wanted to know what people on here use to test when making changes Shopify email notifications (confirm order, abandoned cart, draft orders, etc.).

I noticed that when editing the HTML there is no preview area to see your changes on site or send email test to test your email unless fully saved.

Whats the most practical thing to do here? Do you use a local host environment to check on your design changes or just live save? Is there an application or tool I am unaware of and missing?

All help is appreciated.

Thanks,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
36 7 34

You could try creating an order in the orders section of your Shopify admin? 

Personal Shopify Development for $40 an hour. Contact me by private message or by email at info@kenkinneen.com
1 Like
2 0 0

Yeah, that is what I am currently doing to test out changes.

But there has to be a better way - this creates a lot of work to make a few simple changes. Adding onto that - depending on the change in the one email notification template, you would have to change and check each other email template to make sure the branding and look remains the same e.g a change in the header to an abandoned cart email then having to change the header in the confirm order, change the cancel order, etc. 

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
35 0 3

@T3hfr0 wrote:

you would have to change and check each other email template to make sure the branding and look remains the same e.g a change in the header to an abandoned cart email then having to change the header in the confirm order, change the cancel order, etc. 

I would love to have snippets/includes work in emails.

0 Likes