Testing changes on a live store

danyx1980
14 0 0

How would I go about testing changes on a store that's currently live? I'm looking for certain features I want to add, so I'm exploring multiple apps, most of which are paid, with a free trial. Because the store is live and currently being used I don't want to make changes that will be reflected to any end users, and because the apps are paid I can't install them on a development site.

Is there a way to create a test environment for stores?

0 Likes
PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
2579 134 440

There is no separate test environment besides three general methods: Theme , Development Store, ShopifyPlus Sandbox

Theme - Depending on apps some let you specify the theme they will run on so you can just create a new theme and use the preview system for testing.

Development Store -

If you need something more robust then you would need to create a second store as a merchant (contact support to try and negotiate a better rate)

Though myself and other Shopify Partners can create a development stores for testing.

A naming convention is brandname-dev.myshopify.com 

Though it can be a separate matter if you want to replicate parts of a live store for testing such as the exact inventory of connect 3rd party channels,etc.

ShopifyPlus plans get sandbox stores

https://help.shopify.com/en/partners/dashboard/managing-stores/plus-sandbox-store

Problem Solved? ✔️Accept and ? Like the solution so you can help others.
Buy me a coffee ☕ paypal.me/paulnewton or donate to eff.org
Confused? Busy? Buy a custom solution paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com
0 Likes
danyx1980
14 0 0

I've got a development store for testing, but I'm not currently paying for a plan, does this mean that in order to test apps (even if they have a free trial) I need to pay a subscription to a full store?

0 Likes
PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
2579 134 440

You need to contact the individual apps about what store statuses they support.

Problem Solved? ✔️Accept and ? Like the solution so you can help others.
Buy me a coffee ☕ paypal.me/paulnewton or donate to eff.org
Confused? Busy? Buy a custom solution paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com
0 Likes