The ID couldn’t be verified

Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

Dear,

I am facing problems with the ID verification! I have created a new Shopify account as a new customer and I have issues with payments setting is still on hold and they are asking me to submit the ID and proof of address. I have done all this several times, and always I get the message ‘the address doesn’t match.

Maybe the address used when I was setting up the Shopify Payments initially has been submitted wrong to your banking partners, please could you help me to change it to be the same as the address I have in my shoplifty account?

Thanks,

Cheers,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
798 94 134

Hi, @Khalid-C,

Hank here from Shopify.

Have you a current ticket with the accounts team? Or is there an option to add text when you are uploading your document?

The formatting may also be the issue, but you are right, the banking partners may have it formatted differently than what is showing on your end.

Or what you are submitting on your ID, may not match the format that the address/information was originally set up.

Let me know anyway, and if you need additional support, I can query this with the accounts team.

All the best,

Hank

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

Hi Hank,

Thanks for your response, I have a ticket 20782868 created in your support and I have sent a copy of all my documents by email but so far the problem remains the same and there is no solution!

waiting for your response as soon as possible to solve this problem.

Cheers,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
798 94 134

Thank you for sharing that with me.

I spoke with the team, who updated the admin to assist you with this.

Can I ask that you submit the required information, ensuring that the quality is highly visible and that all required information is provided. 

Let me know if you have any issues, if you can share some screenshots showing any errors, I can share this with the team if needed.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

Hi Hank

Thank you for your feedback! I am waiting for your team's response, in the attached you can see the type of error that I am having.

Thanks again for your intervention!

Cheers,

Sumbit doc.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
798 94 134

Thank you for this.

I know the team advised that they had changed the wording within the admin, but I know the most common issue merchants face is that documents are not clear/legible.

Ensure that your documents are clear, and in the correct format, and there should be no issues with your case.

0 Likes