Theme Error

1 0 0
It looks like there is an error in your theme.

Try assets/theme.scss.liquid in the template editor to fix the error below:

Invalid CSS after "$color-bg-alt: ": expected expression (e.g. 1px, bold), was ";" at 332 What do i do to solve 

I have tried my best but no result, i dont have any clue what do to. Can someone help me please ? Thanks !

84008112_498948197673293_7838223368540127232_n.jpg

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
635 43 92

Hi there.

Dallas here from the Shopify social care team.

Thank you for sharing that image error. Having a visual really helps us to understand what it is that you're seeing on your side.

When it comes to altering your HTML you're able to add, adjust and tweak the code as you please and then you can revert back to what you had originally so that you take away any mistakes that you may have made.

However, CSS is a bit different. When you adjust the CSS you'd want to make sure that you have a solid understanding of how that works because any adjustment that you make will be the adjustment that you have added to (or removed from) your store. This means that you would need to backtrack to exactly what you had in the first place before the error occurred.

In this case, you're going to want to backtrack every step that you made in your theme CSS template in order to not see that error. If you're not sure the exact steps that you made then the best option will be to create a clean copy of your theme and then work from there. Have you made any other adjustments to any other back end files of code? 

You also could reach out to the Shopify Experts because they may be able to clean up the asset file and remove the errors for you. However, I want to make sure that I let you know that it is not guaranteed they will be able to help in this situation. With an error like this, they may also say that you'll have to create a clean template and start again. 

CSS is a tricky bit of code to work with. May I ask what customization it is that you're trying to do?

Dallas | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes