Theme not changing

Solved
2 0 1

Hi, We have been running the Boundless theme for a couple of months.  It was worked fine until today...and suddenly our site is now looking like our old theme.  The Shopify dashboard shows that Boundless is the active theme but, the site is not showing that way.  If I go into edit the theme, I get all the Boundless pages and options but, then when I go to preview the site after making minor changes, it still shows the old theme...I'm at a loss.  I tried switching to the old theme and then back but, that didn't do anything.

the site is https://outdoorsman-gear.com/

What do I do?

thanks
Mark

0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
246 9 38

Hey, @nic99007.

Morgan here from the Social team at Shopify.

Thanks for reaching out. I'd be happy to take a look into what's going on here. I took a quick look at the link you provided and if I'm not mistaken the active theme looks like a Wordpress hosted site. What could be going on here is your domain has been reconnected to an old Wordpress site. This would be why your Shopify admin is showing your Boundless theme, but the storefront has an old setup.

You can confirm this theory by going into your Shopify account under Online Store> Domains to see if your domain is still successfully connected. If it's no longer connected, I recommend logging into your third party domain admin and adjusting the domains DNS settings to point back to Shopify. You can find the details on how to do that here.

Once that is complete you can return to Online Store> Domains in your Shopify admin and reconnect the domain to your shop.

If you don't remember doing this and are worried someone may have access to your domain account, or Shopify store, I recommend setting up two step authentication on your admin and consider changing your domain provider password.
Setting up two step authentication.

Please let me know if I have misunderstood this at all, or there's any more details you are able to provide once checking the suggestions above.

Thanks again!

Morgan | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 1

Morgan,

that worked perfectly.  I don't know why I didn't think of that.

Thanks for the fast reply.

Mark

1 Like
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
246 9 38

Hey, @nic99007.

Not a problem, glad to hear that worked for you!

How's business been going since the switch to Shopify? Anything we can do to make things better for you? 

Cheers,

Morgan | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes