Theme won't save changes after customizing it

altom7274
Visitor
1 0 0

I have just started a store and sometimes when I click the save changes button in customizing theme, it loads forever, forcing me to close the tab and open Shopify again only to find no changes were saved. Its really frustrating, is there any way to solve it? Its not a case of delaying the save time because it happens when changes are made to text not just with high res images.

Replies 6 (6)

diego_ezfy
Shopify Partner
2935 562 883

@altom7274 

To bring you clarity, this is not an issue related to Shopify, it's an issue on the user's end. Typically it has 3 potential root causes:

- Slow/bad internet connection
- Authentication issues
- Slow computer.

Potential fixes:

- Check if your internet is working well and try again.
- Logout and then login once again.
- Try customizing it from another device or computer.

Kind regards,
Diego 

◦ Follow my blog & youtube for coding tutorials. Most questions in here are already answered there!
◦ Top #4 Shopify Expert, 24h reply. Click here to hire me.
Download copy/paste code snippets that can replace most apps.

kwypych
Tourist
7 0 0

I'm having this issue and customer service was able to replicate it.  So it is a Shopify issue for the Debut theme.  They are looking at how to fix it for us.

jiyeon
Visitor
1 0 0

I'm having same issue,too. Are you still not fixed it?

kwypych
Tourist
7 0 0

No. If you have a Debut theme (or any older theme) this is "expected behavior"and you have to redesign with a new theme, redo any coding that you hired people to do, and relaunch your store.  😞  At the holiday  no less...

KentaroKaizen
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

I'm having same issue too.
Please fix it ASAP.

My internet speed is good and my PC specs are good.
The following was meaningless.
・Browser change
・Delete cache
・Device change

kwypych
Tourist
7 0 0

If you have an older theme, this will not get fixed.  You need to relaunch with an upgraded theme.  I got this info from the tech support team.  I'm using Debut and this is no longer supported as it is a "sunset" theme.  I will spend the day redesigning my store 😞