They copied all products from my store. code: products.json?page_info=etvvxxx&limit=

Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 3

They copied all products from my store.

With this code:

products.json?page_info=etvvxxx&limit=5000

And they are using this plugin to copy all products:

apps.shopify.com/product-copy

apps.shopify.com/import-products-from-json

Is there any way to avoid this?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
18 2 6

Hey @marcosvgoulart, that endpoint is public, so there's no way to prevent people from looking at the information. Shopify removed inventory information a while ago due to these kind of concerns.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2294 116 352

@marcosvgoulart wrote:

Is there any way to avoid this?

Even without the endpoints web scraping will always exists, the only way to hide all your information on the internet is to not have a website.

Spending time worrying about this is no where near as valuable as making sure your business is providing a level of service that will make it irrelevant if someone tries to copycat your website.

Invest in quality product copy, custom product imagery, video, etc. Retain legal services and let them handle copyright infringement of digital content, or contract with a DMCA service or similar.

Then you focus on things like customer support, better logistics, higher quality product,etc, etc things that can't be copy and pasted.

Problem Solved? ✔️Accept and ? Like the solution so you can help others.
Buy me a coffee ☕ paypal.me/paulnewton or donate to eff.org
Confused? Busy? Buy a custom solution paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
20 0 2

Hey,

Been through this a lot and I have invested money but ended up other stores are benefitting from it. I came across this UNIQUE app, and it is very cool. It detects other stores that uses my brand's images and contents.. It automatically sends a notification to me through email and it automatically deletes those photos.

Try it. they have a free trial.

https://apps.shopify.com/unique-anti-theft#reviews

Hope this helps.

0 Likes