Solved

This page is temporary not available !!!

AAlmustafa
Shopify Partner
22 0 6

Hi all, i have been getting this page repeatedly today every 20 min or so while working on my website. does this mean someone is spamming my website with requests ? or is it the server not handling traffic ? i am not sure since i don't have much traffic yet showing on my shopify analytics. 

Page temporarily unavailable.png

Accepted Solution (1)

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 979

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, there!

This error comes up when something on your device/network is sending too many requests to our servers. This could be a variety of things, so here are a few things to check: 

1. Do you have more than one device on your network? If yes, you could try shutting them down, then turning them on one by one to see which device is causing the issue. 
  2. Have you tried incognito mode? If this works, then this would typically mean that one of your browser extensions is causing the issue. 
  3. Does this happen on a different browser? If yes, then that typically means it's a program on your device vs your browser. 

Let me know how that turns out!

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 36 (36)

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 979

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, there!

This error comes up when something on your device/network is sending too many requests to our servers. This could be a variety of things, so here are a few things to check: 

1. Do you have more than one device on your network? If yes, you could try shutting them down, then turning them on one by one to see which device is causing the issue. 
  2. Have you tried incognito mode? If this works, then this would typically mean that one of your browser extensions is causing the issue. 
  3. Does this happen on a different browser? If yes, then that typically means it's a program on your device vs your browser. 

AAlmustafa
Shopify Partner
22 0 6

yes, i use more than one device, and it was only showing for short time then went away. so its all good now thanks. 

@Trevor wrote:

Hey, there!

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 979

Happy to hear that it's since been resolved! If that reappears, let me know! 

Gman65
Visitor
2 0 0

I have the same problem, but on all my devices. phone, tablet, Mac...

Please advice, G

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 979

Hey, @Gman65

Thank you for letting me know! We did see an issue earlier today where some stores were unable to load their admin which results in the error: "This page is temporarily unavailable because a device from your location is sending large amounts of web requests. Visitors from other locations can still view the page." - The issue has since been resolved; however, if you're still experiencing this error please let me know!

Gman65
Visitor
2 0 0

Problem solved itself! Tks for the reply

jam_chan
Shopify Partner
891 23 171

This page is temporarily unavailable because a device from your location is sending large amounts of web requests. Visitors from other locations can still view the page.

I am getting the same error today. But I'm only using the theme editor on 1 Chrome browser. Another tab is the store's product page. There is no incognito tab used. 

I'm trying to customize the page but it logged me out. I can't work for a customer. Don't know what is going on.

BYOB - Build Your Own Bundles, SPO - SEO App to research keywords & edit social link preview
Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 979

@jam_chan 

If you have tried the troubleshooting steps mentioned in my previous reply with no success, then you'll want to contact Shopify Support. You can do this by logging into your store through the help center, searching your question/issue, then selecting "continue" at the bottom of the page that displays the search results. 

elisat
Tourist
4 0 5

Hi there-

I am currently having this exact same problem-it's been occurring randomly over the past 24 hours

rocky197981
Visitor
2 0 0

3rd one.

Pagan_Min
Visitor
1 0 1

Hi,

We have been facing this issue on our storefront, also we have read that it is because of too many devices or extension, we have tried on incognito as well, still the same issue comes,
We have received the same issue from our customers/friends who visits our storefront as well.
Need a solution urgently, it can seriously affect our numbers.

We have faced a similar issue where we are not able to access the backend properly different apps, metafields pages and others.

Please note these issues are coming in a individual storefront not all of them.

Would appreciate if someone helps on priority
Thanks, 

cherylfoh
Explorer
73 5 40

We are having the same problem at packturtle.com. Support has suggested it could be a problem with our theme, but I don't think so. It happened suddenly. It is good to know you are also having the same problem.

HOPEFULLY SUPPORT IS LOOKING INTO THIS!!!

OUR STORES ARE LOSING SALES!!

chrismck
Visitor
2 0 2

I get this all the time and there is nothing on my end that is causing this.  It is very frustrating and I'm getting tired of seeing this all the time and having to wait 20 minutes for it to reset.  I would appreciate if you could help.

cfc_webmaster
Explorer
47 0 104

This is NOT SOLVED.

Its NOT UNNUSUAL for a developer to have MULTIPLE tabs open with multiple devices while DEVELOPING CSS, LIQUID, JS and HTML.

Every time this comes up its like "oh, im sorry, Shopify, for doing my job today and building a good mobile/destop/tablet experience for my customers by testing my website with multiple devices"

My point is simple: When I am logged in as an ADMIN I should NEVER see that message

its not "unusual" for an admin to behave this way.

it would be unusual for some random "visitor" to behave that way, hence this shortsighted attempt by Shopify to reduce bot traffic via their CDN... however, its not unusual for an admin to behave like this: multiple tabs, multiple devices, multiple admin pages open, writing code and refreshing the pages while testing for responsive design.

Whoever rolled this feature out did so in an attempt to throttle bandwidth, but they made an EPIC mistake by not considering ADMIN behavior and whitelisting IPs for logged in admins.

REAL SOLUTION:

Shopify dev team should WHITELIST the IP of any ADMIN when visiting their OWN SITE 

Chrispad
Tourist
4 0 0

When I have one device, and an inspect element off my browser showing network traffic that proves I am not sending too many requests? This happens constantly. Why is shopify so janky?

jjsims
Visitor
1 0 0

We are getting this same error from a customer on their mobile device. They were able to access our website and place an order on their desktop device. Please help me identify how to solve this problem. Our store is TeaEmbassy.com

Surge1
Visitor
1 0 2

I am experiencing this on more than one Shopify merchant. Pretty lame!

Using an iPad Pro with the latest iOS version.

HarryCS
Visitor
1 0 1

been having this problem for few months, shopify support dont have a clue why 

I have proof from 5 different customers on phone / desktop and different software's. I'm wondering to I have to many apps on my site? 

I've used shopify for years and my traffic is the same but only see this problem now 

McIntyremeirno
Visitor
2 0 2

I am alos getting this error. It occurs occossionally for myself and my customers. I have tried all the listed steps and cannot work out why it is happening. 

Please HELP we are loosing sales due to this error. 

It has to be a shopifu issue if it is now happening to multiple stores and their customers. 

Huang5
Visitor
1 0 0

Our website also recently encountered this problem, how to solve it. Now it cannot be opened

mrkasmith
Excursionist
16 0 11

Same issue here, started for us yesterday 1/30/2022.

AkashBajaj93
Visitor
1 0 0

We are having the same problem. Following this thread to hopefully find a solution.

The number of or type of apps we've been running in the past 3 months has not changed so we don't think it's app related.

McIntyremeirno
Visitor
2 0 2
Hi All,

I managed to get through to the shopify technical team and they came back
with a really helpful answer. (see below) *in summary it is an issue with
my theme which is causing this issue. *

Edvon has informed me of the issue you're experiencing, having your IP
temporarily blocked with the error: This page is temporarily unavailable
because a device from your location is sending large amounts of web
requests. Visitors from other locations can still view the page.

I've looked into this occurring on your store, and I was actually able to
replicate it as well, being temporarily IP blocked as well, just from
browsing your storefront.

It is important to know that this error is expected behaviour, as we do
have protections in place on our platform to help detect and prevent
excessive inhuman activity and unauthorized API calls in web browsers and
clients in order to protect our platform integrity.

Looking at your storefront in the Google Chrome Developer Tools
<> in the network tab we can see
that there is a call being made and failing repeatedly and excessively,
this would explain the temporary IP block that we are experiencing. If you
hover over the initiator column for the calls being made we can see that
the calls are coming from a javascript file, app.js.

If we then take a look at your theme code, we can see the app.js file being
called in line 55 of your theme.liquid file. Since this is a third party
custom theme you have added to your store, this is not within our support
scope. In order to get this issue resolved, you will need to discuss this
with you theme developer and have them either fix the issue with the app.js
file making excessive api calls, or remove the script all together.

Rudy_Nematzadeh
Shopify Partner
7 0 0

Can you please tell us what in your theme was causing this? 
We all have scripts running through the site. Was there a specific script? Where you able to pinpoint it?

I want you all to k ow that I am suspicion of google tag manager or new GA4 tracking and event capture codes. This issue start happening for us first time a few days into upgrading our google analytic to 4.0 and google wanted us to paste more code in the source of the website. Maybe old analytic codes must be removed first? Have you all recently updated your google analytic or google ads codes?

SophieNYYeah
Visitor
2 0 0

Experiencing the same, would be grateful for the direct line to the Shopify Technical Team. 

jamiegl
Visitor
1 0 0

My customers are getting this message over and over again. It seems to come and go. I just need to know what is causing this so I can fix it.

334967717_1278767919344131_3743827876678505338_n.jpg

Rudy_Nematzadeh
Shopify Partner
7 0 0

Switching to CloudFlare pro account for $19.99 a month seems to have fixed the issue for us. We could not figure it out and nothing seem tk

Work. We switched our name servers and DNS service provider to CloudFlare and everything is working and we have not seen this error ever since. 

UpperhouseJoey
Visitor
3 0 1

hi, I just wanted to see if you've had any issues in the past month since your comment. Thanks!

Rudy_Nematzadeh
Shopify Partner
7 0 0

The problem has been solved for us and we have not seen this error ever since. We even had our customers calling us and Telling us they were getting this error and they can not place an order. I am not sure how shopify has not address this. Switching DNS to CloudFlare solved the issue for us. 

chrismck
Visitor
2 0 2
I gave up using the service. It was too frustrating.

mlovelace
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi,

I'm a visitor to a site and keep getting the error mentioned above (This page is temporarily unavailable because a device from your location is sending large amounts of web requests. Visitors from other locations can still view the page) I am a designer sourcing pieces from mcgee&co's website and have been getting this error a lot recently. Is there a way to fix or clear this? I don't know if it's because I am putting things in my cart and not purchasing or if something else is triggering it. In order to get our trade discount pricing with shipping I have to add items to my cart so I'm not sure of a way around this.

Thanks

Timneb
Visitor
2 0 0

i also got the same problem.

MattSweitzer76
Excursionist
23 0 10

My customers are sick and tired of this ongoing issue!! so am I!

Rudy_Nematzadeh
Shopify Partner
7 0 0

Switch your DNS to CloudFlare and this issue will go away. There is something wrong with shopifys DNS service. 

fishgoat
Visitor
1 0 0

Same here, we have multiple webshops for our clients in Shopify. We get blocked on a daily basis nowadays. We have many clients so we have to switch between many shops. Which makes it really hard and frustrating to edit their websites if we get blocked for 20 minutes every hour. We have contacted Shopify several times about this issue but they do nothing about it and don't see any thing wrong with it. 

BelgiumBaitShop
Tourist
10 0 1

I have the same issue. Working on a customer store with standard dawn theme. 

Whenever I edit to much of the theme settings in the customizer it blocks me out for a couple of minutes.