This page is temporary not available !!!

Solved
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
22 0 5

Hi all, i have been getting this page repeatedly today every 20 min or so while working on my website. does this mean someone is spamming my website with requests ? or is it the server not handling traffic ? i am not sure since i don't have much traffic yet showing on my shopify analytics. 

Page temporarily unavailable.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1531 92 331

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, there!

This error comes up when something on your device/network is sending too many requests to our servers. This could be a variety of things, so here are a few things to check: 

1. Do you have more than one device on your network? If yes, you could try shutting them down, then turning them on one by one to see which device is causing the issue. 
  2. Have you tried incognito mode? If this works, then this would typically mean that one of your browser extensions is causing the issue. 
  3. Does this happen on a different browser? If yes, then that typically means it's a program on your device vs your browser. 

Let me know how that turns out!

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
22 0 5

yes peter, i use more than one device, and it was only showing for short time then went away. so its all good now thanks. 

@Peter wrote:

Hey, there!

This error comes up when something on your device/network is sending too many requests to our servers. This could be a variety of things, so here are a few things to check: 

1. Do you have more than one device on your network? If yes, you could try shutting them down, then turning them on one by one to see which device is causing the issue. 
  2. Have you tried incognito mode? If this works, then this would typically mean that one of your browser extensions is causing the issue. 
  3. Does this happen on a different browser? If yes, then that typically means it's a program on your device vs your browser. 

Let me know how that turns out!

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1531 92 331

Happy to hear that it's since been resolved! If that reappears, let me know! 

-Peter

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Peter,

I have the same problem, but on all my devices. phone, tablet, Mac...

Please advice, G

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1531 92 331

Hey, @Gman65

Thank you for letting me know! We did see an issue earlier today where some stores were unable to load their admin which results in the error: "This page is temporarily unavailable because a device from your location is sending large amounts of web requests. Visitors from other locations can still view the page." - The issue has since been resolved; however, if you're still experiencing this error please let me know!

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
Problem solved itself! Tks for the reply Peter
0 Likes