Tiered Pricing

Highlighted
1 0 0

We offer pricing levels based on quantities ordered. So, for example, there is a RRP and then if someone orders 5+ the price would drop to a lower per unit level and then again at 25+ and so on.

It seems very strange that Shopify doesn't offer pricing tiers. Our developer had to use behind-the-scenes discount code to make this happen. So, we have the problem of not being able to use additional discount codes (which I know Shopify says they are working on).

But the additional problem is in reporting. For, as products flow through to our backend system, they flow through as purchased at RRP even if they are purchased at a lower price because Shopify just applies the discount. This skews our reporting off because it shows the items purchased at RRP. The general discount applies on that invoice but in month-end reports it is all lumped together into one large discounted amount for the entire month across all products. 

Any workarounds out there?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
99 21 8

Hello, @cibb2.

Elias here with Shopify Support. Thank you for reaching out.

I understand you’re offering quantity or tiered pricing and your developer has utilized a workaround using discount codes to make that happen. However, this leads to inaccurate reporting and renders your store unable to use further discounts. From my understanding, this also makes the inventory harder to track. There isn't a workaround for this, aside from trying some reporting apps but that still presents other limitations. On the other hand, there are third-party apps that are specialized for quantity breaks, which can free up the discount field and provide more accurate reporting. Have you already tried them? 

If not, I've selected a few quantity breaks, and volume or tiered pricing apps for you to try out:

If you require assistance with these apps, you can always reach out to the developers directly through the contact information found in the Support section of the app’s page. 

I hope this provides some options for you to explore. If you have any more questions regarding this topic, feel free to reply to this thread and I'd be happy to help.

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes