Track Customer Replies to Notifications

Excursionist
16 0 3

Hi there,

We love that we can track some of the communication to our customers in our shop. And that we can add internal comments to the order timeline. However when a customer replies to one of our emails sent out as a notification via Shopify, Shopify doesn’t track them. Is there a way to include this communication in the timeline?

Thanks,

Evert

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
70 6 12

Hey, @greiseve!

My name is Lilith, I'm on the Social Care team at Shopify.

Thanks for posting this up on this community board!

The suggestion of tracking customer notifications and communication has been sent to our development team to review for a future update. I can't guarantee that it'll be available right away, but the more requests we have for this feature the likelier it is to be considered for feature updates down the road.

In the meantime, I thought I'd drop some helpful alternatives here for yourself and others in case a solution is needed in the interim.

I've personally used a few different options in the past. The one you choose will depend on your business and its needs. That said, here are a few options that will help manage all of your customer relationship data and still be accessible through Shopify's platform. The one thing that may be different though is that you'll need to access this information in the plugin that you choose to link instead of the customer profile or the order notes. These may not be exactly in the admin for orders and customers, but for the moment these have been really great to work with and keep things in order until a different feature comes through in the future.

I'm happy to answer any questions you think of as you work on your business.

Lilith | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes