Transfer domain from closed Shopify account to another active account

Solved
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi there, I own the domain Dqar.com, closed it and want to tranfer the domain to one.com  I have the domain unlocked, and code  via email from the shopify admin,  can somebody help me to transfer it please  Kind regards, Michiel

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
Dear Shopify Team,

I've recently closed and cancelled my shopify account. Removed my domain as well. But I received an email that my account was unlocked and can be transferred to another hosting but problem is I could no longer access my account. Please help
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
Hi @LuLu01

I have the same concern. How do I transfer a domain when i've closed my account already?

Please help
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
908 86 173

Hi, @mrzwerus.

Thank you for joining the thread and apologies for the delay in getting back to you. Once you have the code from the Shopify admin, you just give that to your new domain provider and they can complete the transfer for you. We have a helpful guide on this here

I hope this helps but let me know if you have any other questions.

Kind regards,

Lulu

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
908 86 173

Hi, @Michelledc.

Welcome to the thread. I can take a look at your account and see what I can do for you. In order to do so, I will just need to verify your account. I will send you an email to the email address attached to this forums account and confirm some security questions about your store. Once you reply to that email, I will take a closer look.

Kind regards,

Lulu

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello,

This is Danial. Actually, I had bought a domain through my Shopify account but I have not run any store on that yet. So now I need that domain to be hosted in another service provider but I see that Shopify wants me first to pay for its plan and then transfer it to another service provider. 

So could you please help me that how I can transfer it without having to pay for the plan?

I look forward to your reply.

Thank you,

Danial

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
908 86 173

Hi, @PatioFox.

Welcome to the thread. Absolutely, you can transfer your domain out of Shopify once it has been 60 days from the date of purchase. If there are any outstanding invoices on the store then you will need to pay them to access your store and transfer your domain. Once you have activated your store by paying the plan and transferred your domain, then you can cancel the store correctly and we can look into any refunds due if you are not using the month's subscription.

If you have not got an outstanding invoice on your store then I can add a 24-hour trial on it so you can go in and transfer the domain yourself using this guide. Let me know how you would like to proceed and I can authenticate you and get the process started. 

Speak soon, 
Lulu

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
Hello,

Thank you for your response. Yes please give me a 24-hour trial to transfer
my domain. But that would be very nice of you if you give me 48hrs.

Thank you so much,
Danial
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
908 86 173

Hi, @PatioFox.

Thanks for getting back to me. No problem at all, In order to do so, I will just need to verify you as the account owner. I will send you an email to the email address attached to this forums account and confirm some security questions about your store. Once you reply to that email, I can take a look for you.

Speak soon,

Lulu

0 Likes
Highlighted
8 0 0

Hello,

My issue is that I no longer wish to use shopify but I want to transfer my domain out of Shopify. My account is frozen as it has not been used for a while nad my credit card expired, but I guess I can't cancel the account it because it's frozen. Is there any way I can just transfer the domain and cancel the account without having to activate it again (pay again)?

0 Likes