Transfer domain from closed Shopify account to another active account

Solved
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
908 86 173

Hi, @Ines2.

Thank you for joining the thread. I know what you mean but you would need to pay any outstanding balances to access your store and transfer the domain out of Shopify. However, once you have transferred the domain out of Shopify and cancelled your store correctly, we can have a look to see if you are eligible for any refunds towards the upcoming month that you will not be using. 

Let me know if you want to proceed with this. 

-Lulu 

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
8 0 0
Ok thank you LuLu I will do that!

0 Likes
Highlighted
8 0 0

Hello Lulu,

I paid my balance and started the transfer of my domain out of shopify. I followed the instructions for transfer and got the transfer code. However this code gave me an error on Tucows (where I want to transfer the domain to). See below. Could it be that the code expired as I used the one that I got a week ago? Please help me as I don't want to keep paying shopify until I transfer the domain...I am no using the store anymore for the last 2 months! Thank youWhatsApp Image 2020-05-11 at 12.04.11 PM.jpeg

0 Likes
Highlighted
8 0 0

Hello @Lulu 
I haven't heard from and I really need some help. Thank you!
@Ines2 wrote:

Hello Lulu,

I paid my balance and started the transfer of my domain out of shopify. I followed the instructions for transfer and got the transfer code. However this code gave me an error on Tucows (where I want to transfer the domain to). See below. Could it be that the code expired as I used the one that I got a week ago? Please help me as I don't want to keep paying shopify until I transfer the domain...I am no using the store anymore for the last 2 months! Thank youWhatsApp Image 2020-05-11 at 12.04.11 PM.jpeg

0 Likes
Highlighted
8 0 0

Hello @Lulu 

I really need to fix this issue please asap. Can someone help me?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
908 86 173

Hi, @Ines2.

Apologies for the delay, we are experiencing larger volumes in support than usual so thank you for your patience. We have a guide here on transferring domains out of Shopify so please ensure you meet the requirements.

If Shopify has issued you a code and you have given it to your new provider who will not accept it or gives an authorization failure then you will need to speak to that provider directly to ensure they can support the domain and other requirements they may have. Once we have issued the code then our support scope is quite limited as it would be up to the new provider to ensure their platform is compatible with the domain etc.

I hope this helps but let me know if you have any further questions after reading the guide above.

All the best,

Lulu

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

Highlighted
8 0 0

@Lulu 

I have managed to transfer the domain after two months of trying and just today I canceled my account.

I would appreciate it if you look at my case and I get refunded for the last 3 months that I have been billed while having no activity. Until I managed to transfer the domain it took almost 3 months! 

Let me know if there is anything we can do please

Thank you for your support

Regards,

Ines

0 Likes