Transferring custom email domain

MrWeed
Excursionist
14 0 4

Hey everyone,

I have a custom email domain on wix and I want to transfer it to Shopify, how can I do it?
Currently the email is still active and I can login through Gmail with the domain name, that custom email domain expires on Sep 8, 2021 and to renew it I will need to do it
through wix. but I don't want to use wix, I want to transfer it to Shopify and I want it to renew automatically on Shopify.
Does someone know how to do it?

Replies 6 (6)

Ted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1255 115 137

Hi @MrWeed,

Ted here from Shopify, thanks for posting your query! 

Sure thing! You are welcome to transfer your domain to Shopify and to get the ball rolling, you would just need to follow this WIX guide. When you receive the transfer/authorization code from WIX, you can then transfer it to Shopify mentioned here. 

Have you just started with Shopify? How are you finding the platform so far? 

Let me know how this goes and if there is anything else I can help you with, I'm happy to help!

Many thanks, 

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

MrWeed
Excursionist
14 0 4

I have transferred the domain successfully with the wix, I'm asking only about the email.
The email is still on wix, to renew it I will need wix but I don't want wix. I need to transfer the billing for the email to Shopify.

Ted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1255 115 137

Hi @MrWeed,

Shopify offers email forwarding, which should automatically appear for you in the Online Store > Domains section of your admin as mentioned in this guide. This option is free but only applies to Shopify domains so if your transfer from Wix to Shopify has not been successful then this function won't appear and you might need to contact WIX's customer support for more info. 

If this is in regards to email hosting, this is not something Shopify offers. We would instead recommend email hosting services such as GSuite and Zoho Mail but more info can be found here

It does sound as though the transfer might not be complete. When you log into your admin and click Online Store > Domains, could you tell me who the domain provider is as shown here for example? 

Many thanks, 

MrWeed
Excursionist
14 0 4

This is what it looks like in my dashboard, in the video "How To Set Up Email Forwarding With Shopify Domains || Shopify Help Center" on the Shopify youtube channel it shows that the domain name is clickable but mines not. so I'm guessing this is the problem and I need to contact wix support?

My Shopify Domain Dashboard.PNG

MrWeed
Excursionist
14 0 4

Also I don't think the solution here is email forwarding because I need billing transfer, I need the email to stay exactly the same only difference is that I pay through Shopify every year.

Ted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1255 115 137

Hi @MrWeed,

Going by that screenshot, it looks like the transfer has not been successful and is still with WIX. When did you transfer the domain? It can take up to 20 days for that to fully update and you should have received a $14 invoice from Shopify if successful. I'm going to email you now so I can authenticate the account.

Please keep an eye out for my email and if there's anything else I can help you with, I'm happy to help! 

Many thanks,