Transferring domain from wix to shopify

Lukevanni
6 0 0

Hi, I have just finished bulding my new site in shopify but I am having trouble migrating the domain from wix to shopify?? Please help!!!

0 Likes
r8r
Shopify Expert
1498 166 493

@Lukevanni care to share what the domain is? Did you register it through wix.com?

Mario

Mario Rader [he] ★ If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission. ★ Studio Mitte
• Meine Antwort war hilfreich? Hinterlass bitte ein Like.
• Meine Antwort hat Dein Problem behoben? Bitte akzeptiere sie als Lösung.
• Ich hab dir etwas erspart? Ich freue ich mich immer über eine kleine Aufmerksamkeit
• Ja, ich biete Shopify-Services & -Entwicklung und freue mich von Dir zu hören!
• Bitte teile einen Link zu der Seite, deren Problem Du in deinem Beitrag beschreibst!

• Yes, I provide Shopify-services & -development. Feel free to get in touch!
• Please share a link to the site, which you refer to in your problem description. This incredibly increases the chances of you receiving a useful answer!
• My answer was useful? Please leave a Like.
• My answer solved your issue? Please accept it as the solution.
• I saved you time or money? I'm always happy to receive a little thank you.
0 Likes
Lukevanni
6 0 0
Hi yes purchased through wix www.ukoutdoorliving.co.uk

Thanks
0 Likes
r8r
Shopify Expert
1498 166 493

Thanks – looks straightforward. You should be able to follow the instructions above!

Mario

Mario Rader [he] ★ If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission. ★ Studio Mitte
• Ich hab dir etwas erspart? Ich freue ich mich immer über eine kleine Aufmerksamkeit
• Ja, ich biete Shopify-Services & -Entwicklung und freue mich von Dir zu hören!
• Bitte teile einen Link zu der Seite, deren Problem Du in deinem Beitrag beschreibst!

• Please share a link to the site, which you refer to in your problem description. This incredibly increases the chances of you receiving a useful answer!
0 Likes
Lukevanni
6 0 0

Hi

WIX ARE WANTING A TAG CODE?NAME FROM SHOPIFY??

0 Likes
r8r
Shopify Expert
1498 166 493

Hi, I think you should check here first: https://support.wix.com/en/

0 Likes
Lukevanni
6 0 0

So is it correct that i need this code from you at shopify?

0 Likes
Lukevanni
6 0 0

In order for us to perform the transfer, submit a ticket and include the following information:
  • Wix username
  • TAG name of the new domain host
  • Wix domain name
0 Likes
r8r
Shopify Expert
1498 166 493

Hi,

I'm not a Shopify employee – if you want more assistance, can you send a screenshot of the message that asks for the "tag code name"? I'm not aware of such a thing unfortunately.

Mario

0 Likes
r8r
Shopify Expert
1498 166 493

Alright – yeah, you're right – with co.uk domains you're right, you need to name the receiving registrar using the IPS TAG.

This thread https://community.shopify.com/c/Technical-Q-A/IPS-TAG/m-p/902716/highlight/true#M35754 points out, that it might be MARKMONITOR. Can someone from Shopify confirm this? @Nick maybe?

Hope this helps,
Mario

0 Likes