Transfert domain to another registrar.

Glorain
1 0 0

Hello, 

One of my client is going to change of registrar. He bought the domain name with Wix few years ago, and now he is going to a real registrar.

I just want to know if there are settings to update on the shopify account if I want the boutique continue to be live after the migration.

Thanks

0 Likes
Elias
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
919 85 125

Hey, @Glorain.

Elias here with Shopify Support. That's a great question!

There aren't any settings that you'd need to update on the Shopify account, simply make sure that the DNS settings is pointing to Shopify with the new registrar. If you need to find our DNS records, please take a look here: Connect a third-party domain.

It's worth mentioning that domain transfers take more than a week, so there may be interruptions for your client's boutique with the domain being transferred. To avoid this, you can switch the primary domain back to the Shopify URL or another custom domain in the meantime. Once the domain transfer is complete and the DNS records are pointing to Shopify, you can then switch the primary domain back to the custom domain.

I hope this helps! If you run into any roadblocks or if you have any other questions on this topic, don't hesitate to let me know!

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes