Translate product information

Highlighted
1 0 0

I'm trying to migrate a product catalog to shopify.  I thought this would be very simple but I need titles, descriptions, etc to be in multiple languages.  

What is the proper way to do this?  I'm doing this migration via API and I can't see any way to directly upload this information.  Is there some convention or something I'm missing?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 3

Hi @Brenn 

I'm afraid there is no way to directly move products in multiple languages. I cannot find any tool for this yet. 

The option I suggest you is to migrate your product catalog to Shopify store and use Shopify apps like Langify or Weglot to make this happen. Those 2 apps got 4.7 out of 5 rating, so give it a try. 

Also, if your products catalog is in huge number and you dont want to manually do it, I suggest you have it done with this tool. They have free demo for your reference, check it out.

Hope this helps somewhat!

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 2

Hi, @Brenn 

Migrating data to Shopify, you may be surprised because you don’t need to have the technical skills to do this. I would like to suggest you an available tool in the market meaning that you don’t need tech skill to perform. Furthermore, you can see very clear instructions and information at LitExtension This is the best tool to migrate your data from your source store to Shopify.

How languages will be migrated from multilingual cart to Shopify?

Shopify is capable of supporting only one language simultaneously. Thus, only a default language from your Source cart (Magneto, OpenCart, osCommerce, Prestashop, ThirtyBees, VirtueMart, WooCommerce, WP eCommerce, X-Cart, Zen Cart) will be transferred to your Target cart (Shopify).

In order to secure and smooth migration, you need to make sure your Shopify store uses the same default language as your Source cart does.

It can be easily done…

Go to your Shopify admin panel and choose ‘Online store’ tab from the menu.

shopify_theme_language_setup

Pick up the ‘Themes’ panel.

Selection_120

In the right top corner of the page click on the ‘...’ button and from the drop-down menu choose ‘Edit language’ option.

Selection_119It will take you to the Theme language page where you will find the ‘Change theme language’ tab in the top right corner.

Selection_121After you press on it, a pop-up window will appear with a drop-down language menu. Chose the same languages you use on your Source Cart and click on the ‘Save’ button.

1. Selection_122

With LitExtension- What Data Can Possibly Be Migrated

• Products Name, SKU, Full Description, Status, Manufacturer Price, Special Price Stock status Meta Title, Meta Description Product Tags UPC Variants
  • Product Categories Name, Description, Status Image Meta Title, Meta Description
  • Manufacturers Name
  • Customers First Name, Last Name, Email, Newsletter Billing Address
  • Orders Order Date, Order Status, Order Products
  • Coupons Coupon Code, Coupon Date, Coupon Expire Date
  • Reviews Created Date, Rate, User Name, Title, Comment
  • Cms Pages Title, Created Date, URL, Description

Here are the main 4 easy steps to run a data migration:

• Register an account on LitExtension
  • Set up cart by filling cart URL and other information
  • Choose entities you want to migrate
  • Lanch full migration

To get further information to please to let our team know

I hope this answer helps you. Good luck to you!

0 Likes