Tripping Javacript Problem

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi everyone, I'm new here.

I seem to have some sort of problem on my store, where Javascript (or something else) is interfering with functionality.

After installing a new theme, the blog posts did not load properly, and went white instead of loading. I contacted the developer, and he told me that there was some type of script, possibly from a uninstalled app, causing the behaviour and tripping the theme Javascript. He provided a line of extra code for the CSS, and then it worked.

The only problems is, the code still seems to be active/interfering with my site.

I have an app called Printful, and they offer personalized items, where the user can, say, order artwork but enter custom text. Here is the listing: https://passionfury.com/products/customizable-new-york-city-manhattan-framed-artwork - you can click the 'Personalize' button to see what happens.

Printful say that they cannot replicated the error, as though it only effects my site and not an error on their side.

So, when a customer clicks on the 'Personalize' button, a white box appears where the user supposed to enter their custom text. However, the box never fully loads, as though something is tripping the Javascript again.

After setting up my new theme which is installed now, the only other app I have installed is Seguro Email. Other apps installed are very popular ones, such as Google Shopping - nothing out of the ordinary.

I have installed other apps I have since deleted in the past prior to installing the new theme, but the only ones I can remember the names of are Loox and Mailchimp.

SO THE QUESTION - how to I find the code that is causing the issues? Thanks everyone,

Kind Regards, Andy :)

Screenshot 2019-06-06 at 16.43.10.jpgAfter button is pressed.Screenshot 2019-06-06 at 16.43.19.jpgListing before Personalize button is pressed

0 Likes
3 0 0

**Solved**

0 Likes
4 0 0

Hi, 

How did you solve it? I have script problems too and I used printful as well. Now the app is removed but I still have problems with scripts.

0 Likes
3 0 0

Not really solved, but I switched themes to a basic one, then reactivated my old one and it started working. Weird.

0 Likes
4 0 0

Yeah, I am copying files from fresh themes to see if it fixes it. If i find out which app screwed my page I will leave a nice review.

0 Likes