Trying to build a landing page and need to insert code from email provider

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 0

Help!! I am trying to create a landing page with a picture, some text and the snippet provided by my email service provider. 

So far, I have a page that my developer created that is blank without a header and footer.

So I just wanted to figure out how I would put the <script> code into that specific page.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks in advance,

Maggie

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
38 8 15

This is an accepted solution.

Hello Maggie,

Sounds like the developer created a new layout for you to use. Ideally they would have also created a page template for you to add the script tag. To see if a template is set, go to Pages within the Shopify backend, and find the page you have been viewing.

To get the template name look at the dropdown on the right hand side:

sj3sl

Now that you know the template, go back to Online Store > Edit Code and find the template we just found. This is where you can add the script tag you are been provided

Let me know how it goes!
Remember to mark as solution if you get it fixed. If not, let me know and I will try some other options!!

If comment was helpful, hit Like!
Solved your issue? Set Accept as Solution!
Need a quote? Contact glenn@plankcreative.com.au to get in touch!
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 0

Thank you so much for your help with this.

I went into the back in using the Edit Code and selected the template that they created, however it's not showing the sign up form on that page unfortunately. I copy/pasted the script code under all of the rest of the code on that page. I wasn't sure where to put it. Is it possibly in the wrong place?

Any tips would be greatly appreciated?

Thanks so much,

Maggie

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
38 8 15

It is a little hard for me to debug remotely. what is the name of the file you are editing?

How it should work is that you create a new layout that gets used by a page template. You will need to create this within the Template section (Edit Code) and use the tag, {% layout name_of_layout %} This will allow for a way to hide the header and footer. You also add the script tag to this page

To have a page that is visible on the Store, go to the Pages section and create a new page. You then need to select the created template from the Templates dropdown.

If you contact me on the email below, I can quickly request access and try assist you a bit more

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 0

I actually just got it to work! Yay!

I was noticing issues with my browser auto filling the page I was trying to load (subscribe page). So I deleted the cookies/cache and boom, it worked. So weird.

Thank you for your help though, I wouldn't have known exactly what to do so I really appreciate It.

Maggie

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
38 8 15

This is an accepted solution.

Ahhh the bloody cache!! You are pretty much a web dev at this point Maggie

Remember to Accept as Solution to close the thread off. Good luck with the store!

Hope you have a great week.

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 0

Haha, I wish! And by the end of building this site, I may be a pro! LOL

I love learning how to do all this stuff.

Hope you have a great week too and thanks again.

Maggie

0 Likes