Solved

Trying to connect existing domain

WOTM
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi, i've followed all instructions and changed the IP and Cname as required however shopfify keeps giving me this msg

Any help would be amazing 🙂

IMG_2449.JPGIMG_2450.JPG

Accepted Solution (1)

Nick_Marketing
Shopify Partner
1487 336 464

This is an accepted solution.

If your existing domain is hosted on an external party domain registrar, try to get a hold of them with the issue.
Generally, if you altered DNS records correctly, it should not take too long to verify the domain on Shopify.

1. Point the A record to the Shopify IP address 23.227.38.65.
  2. If necessary, change the Host name to the @ symbol.
  3. Point the CNAME record with the name www to shops.myshopify.com.
    You can have only one A record associated with your primary domain. If your domain is already associated with an A record, point it to the Shopify IP address, then remove the old A record.

Nick | Ecommerce & Marketing Technology Consultant | Toronto, CANADA
- For consulting work availability, please send me a Private Message or submit a ✍️Contact Form.
- For FREE Shopify Tutorials, Subscribe to my YouTube channel (▶️ Ecommerce TV).

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)

Nick_Marketing
Shopify Partner
1487 336 464

This is an accepted solution.

If your existing domain is hosted on an external party domain registrar, try to get a hold of them with the issue.
Generally, if you altered DNS records correctly, it should not take too long to verify the domain on Shopify.

1. Point the A record to the Shopify IP address 23.227.38.65.
  2. If necessary, change the Host name to the @ symbol.
  3. Point the CNAME record with the name www to shops.myshopify.com.
    You can have only one A record associated with your primary domain. If your domain is already associated with an A record, point it to the Shopify IP address, then remove the old A record.

Nick | Ecommerce & Marketing Technology Consultant | Toronto, CANADA
- For consulting work availability, please send me a Private Message or submit a ✍️Contact Form.
- For FREE Shopify Tutorials, Subscribe to my YouTube channel (▶️ Ecommerce TV).

Ollie
Shopify Staff
2327 454 397

Hey @WOTM.

Thanks for reaching out.

I appreciate that you have included an image of the current DNS settings from the domain in question. When did you make the changes to the DNS settings on the domain? If you have recently made these changes to the domain, it can take up to 24 hours for the domain to properly reflect that changes made.

With that being said, if you notice that the domain is not properly connected within the next business day, you may want to reach out to the domain provider. We do have an awesome help document that can assist you with contacting your third-party domain provider for assistance.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Ollie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

WOTM
Visitor
2 0 0

Thanks guys. Turned out my URL was through cloudflare so I had to edit In there 

thanks again