Trying to remove a pop-up form

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 1

Hello, I am managing a Shopify site for one of my clients. I would be grateful for any detailed suggestions on how i can remove a pop-up FREE SHIPPING message from all product pages in my store. This iFrame code was placed there by either an app that has since been removed, or was placed there by MailMunch.com, which I do not have any permissions for.

The pop-up appears after you start scrolling any product page, such as this one:

https://fiberpasta.us/collections/all-products/products/starter-6-pastas

Attached is a screen shot.

I have "inspected" the element, and find only mentions of MailMunch. I already searched all the "code" I can edit in Shopify, and cannot find any mention of MailMunch, and iFrames I found only refer to video wrappers, which appear irrelevant.

Thank you for any advice.

Screen Shot 2019-09-16 at 5.07.49 PM.pngThis is the popup I am trying to get rid of - it appears on every product page.

0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
81 8 15

Hey, @Pathfindernyc!

My name is Lilith, I'm on the Social Care team at Shopify.

I've taken a look at the page you linked with Chrome's built-in developer tools. It appears that this form is coming from a third-party app.

In some cases, if you're not able to see the code directly in the theme coding, it'll likely be coming straight from an app. The app that this form is made in and is being run through your site is the MailChimp Forms by MailMunch. From the look and appearance of the script and code that is showing in the Chrome developer tools, that app will be the one that's causing this.

To remove this popup from your site, you'll want to open up your Apps section and click on the app mentioned above. For reference here is the app store link to what this app looks like in case you have any trouble finding it in your app list. If you don't have this installed anymore, this will require support from the third-party developer directly.

Once you're in the MailChimp Forms by MailMunch app, you can find the active popups by clicking on "Forms" on their menu header as shown below.

alt

In that section, you can click on the arrow beside "Edit" for any active popups and deactivate the form.

This will turn off the script that is sending this popup to the site. If you still see it, you may need to clear the cache of your browser following the directions here.

Let me know how you do with the information above! I'm happy to answer any questions you think of as you work on your business.

Lilith | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Tourist
10 0 1

Lilith, thanks so much! I didn't find it before because I was looking for MailMunch, and I ignored MailChimp!

Problem solved!

1 Like
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
81 8 15

That's fabulous! I'm glad you have it all sorted now.

Were you able to substitute your clients' email capture strategy for the site as well? 

Keep us in the loop if you need anything at all. Happy to help anytime!

Lilith | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Tourist
10 0 1

Hi Lilith,

Other than the Contact Us page, there is no other capture strategy in place. And there are social media links in the footers. The client though, wanted the nagging popup removed.

0 Likes