URGENT - When adding to cart some products default to the smallest size

Relish_Brand
Tourist
4 0 2

Hello, 

Site: relishbrand.com

I am using the theme "Flow" from "WeTheme"

product: https://relishbrand.com/products/don-t-be-plain-chicago-style-south-side-baseball?variant=3809011731...

Sometimes when customers select a size in a dropdown menu and then add it to the cart, it defaults back to the smallest size available. 

Due to this I have to contact all orders with a small or Extra Small, and because so many orders default to this I have been contacting several people daily! And many of them are not responding. My customers are getting upset and also getting the incorrect size shipped to them and then I have to issue a return as well as pay more for shipping! 

I have contacted WeTheme and we have been emailing once a day for over a week with no resolution!

I really need this fixed. 

Respectfully,

Derrick from Relish

Replies 6 (6)

Jason
Shopify Expert
11190 225 2283

I tried to add some things to the cart and the correct variants did show.

Is it resolved?

If not and you can still replicate I'd suggest taking a look at the debug console in your browser and see what errors show when it fails. My assumption is that there's a JavaScript error firing that is preventing the selecting of the correct variant behind the scenes. Those buttons you see on the product page are not really what is picking the variant. There's a hidden selector that should be changing on each option picked but a JavaScript error could certainly stop that so it stays on the first option.

Post back with the errors or screenshot of them and it might help the forum members point you in the right direction.

★ I jump on these forums in my free time to help and share some insights. Not looking to be hired, and not looking for work. http://freakdesign.com.au ★

jenweeks
5 0 0

Did you get this resolved?  We have the same theme and a similar thing is happening!  Jen

Relish_Brand
Tourist
4 0 2
I had to hire a company to fix it plus I had to edit my product variant style to a drop down instead of the swatch like I wanted.
damo74
Tourist
4 0 0

Hi,

Would you mind telling me the company you used to fix the issue as we are having a similar problem?

Cheers

Damian

jenweeks
5 0 0
Sorry we did not get this resolved!! It’s annoying.

Relish_Brand
Tourist
4 0 2
Hi there,
We did get this somewhat resolved. We hired an agency called Propero Consulting to fix this. I can't remember exactly what they ended up doing but I also had to edit my store afterwards to how customers selected the size and added to cart. This was very annoying and I am still not happy with the dropdown selection that is on my site but it's the only thing that works correctly.

Here is the email to the consulting company: lokendra@propero.in
Here is a link to my site so you can see how my products get selected: https://relishbrand.com/products/dont-be-plain-be-salty-chicago-weather-tee?variant=40212285489335

Let me know if I can help out in any other way.