URL Redirects

1 0 0

This week I launched a client's website. Upon web testing, I discovered that upon searching via Google for products on my client's sites, each returned a 404 error. I contacted Shopify and received the following response:

We have taken care of this adjustment for you, which I can confirm if you Google that product now and go to the link, it will redirect it to the correct product page.

You can find a tutorial on how to get this setup here: URL Redirects.

In the future, if you change a lot of them it may be best to submit a sitemap to Google. You can find the documentation for it here:Submitting a sitemap.

If there is anything else we can assist you with, feel free to contact us back!

Shopify is here to support you through BFCM. Whether your business is just breaking out or you're preparing to break records, theBFCM Toolbox has the resources you need to sell your best.

While I can make changes to each product, this process seems unnecessary and counter-productive every time my client adds a new product. Can anyone answer why the Google is pushing a /product... url when Shopify is generating a /collection/product... url? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes