URL redirect / 301 redirect doubts

daichri
10 0 0

Hello all,

I tried to search for a similar thread but couldn't find any that it would give me a straight answer.

I've been working for the past 6 months on the migration from Magento 1 to Shopify. I'm about to going live in a few days but I have this doubt that's still holding me.

I currently have more than 6000 products listed on the current and old Magento and I managed to add from scratch 5000+ products on Shopify. The product's URLs, along with other landing pages, 

have been added to the CSV file that eventually will be uploaded on the Shopify's store in Navigation "URLs redirect" for the 301.

The root domain will be the same and here is an example on how I've added all the URLs:

(Magento url) www.mydomain.com/product1.html  to  (Shopify url) /products/product1

My doubt is, would be this enough by only managing the URL redirect on Shopify's side? Do I also have to redirect all the URLs from Magento?

I have also noticed that in Magento's case, the same product page have different sources like: www.mydomain.com/category/product/product1.html or www.mydomain.com/category/product1.html but basically it's the same product. Also these URLs should be redirected?

I still have 1000+ products to add but only after going live, can the redirect be done each time I will add the new product?

I'm really really confused in that and couldn't find any straight answer rather than more doubts.

Thanks to any of you who can give me a hint!

0 Likes
daichri
10 0 0

Hello guys, anyone can help here?

0 Likes