Unable to accept terms and conditions required to link instagram and facebook stores

Highlighted
1 0 0

I recently started selling my clothing using shopify and I have my own domain. Today I tried to link my shopify to Instagram and Facebook with the newly updated features and I am unable to do so because it won't let me accept the terms and conditions required to complete the process. I have met all the requirements in order to setup the stores but when accepting the terms and conditions I receive a message saying something happened and they'll work on it soon. It is frustrating that I cannot contact anyone through shopify in order to receive help with the issue. What can I do? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Same here! I've been coming back over a couple of days but the issue remains. 

Sorry no help here but it's getting very frustrating! 

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

I got the following reply from helpdesk: 

I understand that you are unable to access Facebook's Terms and Conditions page. This is a known issue that is actually browser-related. So, I suggest that you do the following in addition to using other browsers:

• Clear your cache and cookies on your browser. After this, completely reboot the browser.
  • Ensure the web browser is up to date on the latest version (we don't support every browser, but we do support these ones.)
  • Try another device like another computer or mobile phone.
  • Try on the on the Shopify Mobile app.
  • Ensure there are no pop ups being blocked in the web browser. 
  • Ensure you do not have any firewalls or pop up blockers enabled on the device.

Additionally, most updated browsers have a setting which prevents cross-site tracking; turning off this feature has corrected the issue for some of our merchants.

If you are using Safari:

• On your computer, open Safari.
  • Go to Preferences.
  • Open Privacy and make sure this field is not checked: PKC20_0-1601847599523.jpeg

If you are using Chrome:

• On your computer, open Chrome.
  • At the top right, click More and then Settings.
  • Under "Privacy and security," click Cookies and other site data.
  • Turn Send a "Do not track" request with your browsing traffic on or off.
  • Make sure this setting is disabled: PKC20_1-1601847599503.jpeg

Once you've disabled the above setting in your browser, please try to set up the Facebook Channel as normal to see if this allows you to bypass the loop.

Hope this helps!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I've managed to see the Facebook terms on the Shopify app, but when I click on Accept Terms, it says "There was a problem with this request. We're working on getting it fixed as soon as we can". 

So it seems we can't continue with the Facebook setup until and whenever they get it sorted...

0 Likes