Unable to access "Themes" Page - "There’s a problem loading this page" .... HELP

StokelyC
Tourist
4 0 2

Hi I am fairly new to shopify but have been unable to access my themes pages for the past couple days.

The first time I encountered the error, I switched from Chrome to Mozilla firefox and that solved the problem; however, today, Mozilla FF is giving me the same error. 

Anyone know what I can do get to my themes pages!?!?!  Thanks 

shopify error.png

Replies 31 (31)

Don
Shopify Staff
2762 199 388

Hi there @StokelyC!

Don here from Shopify. 🙂

We're not aware of any issues affecting access to themes across Shopify, but we would like to take a closer look at this with you.

Would you be able to share a link to your storefront here so we can start to check this out with you?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Jerry99
Visitor
1 0 0

I am having the same problem with Chrome and when I switched to Fire Fox it worked once and after that the same problem happened. here id the error code I get when I try to access Themes, Pages or Preferences in the Online Store Selection:

Please can someone at Shopify help!

There’s a problem loading this page

There’s a technical problem with Shopify that has prevented this page from loading. Try reloading this page or going to another page in Shopify. If that doesn’t work, visit our status page for updates and try again later.
giuliamio
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi everybody,

the exact same problem is affecting my account as well. The pages Themes, Pages, and Preferences are not working (see screenshots below).

It started yesterday afternoon and the pages are still affected.

Any help or suggestions would be massively appreciated.

Untitled 3.pngUntitled 2.pngUntitled.png

All the best,

Giulia.

Don
Shopify Staff
2762 199 388

Hi all!

Don from Shopify once again. 🙂

If you are encountering this specific error, can you check to ensure that your store has a primary domain set in the Online store > Domains menu?

This may crop up where a primary domain has not been assigned or if the domain that had been assigned has now expired.

Just check to ensure you have got a primary domain set for your store (even your 'myshopify.com' URL will work for this) and then clear the cache on whichever browser you had been using before reloading your Shopify admin.

This should alleviate the error in question if it does not just let us know here and we can look into potential next steps.

All the best!

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

giuliamio
Visitor
2 0 0
Hi Don,
thank you for your email.
I've done what you suggested, but the issue is still there.

I am currently building my website (still on the 14 days free) and I am
planning to use one of the themes for sale (not the free one currently
available). I've started using one of the paid themes (I think it was
called Impulse) to check the look and the style, but I am still on the
trial with that too (I haven't paid for it yet).

I need to see the final look of the website before I commit to switch from
my old website platform to Shopify, but because the current issue, the only
website I can see and customise on Shopify is using the free theme, not the
one I wanted.

I am currently adding products, but it would be great if Shopify could
solve the issue quickly in order for me to see what I am actually doing!

Thank you for your help

All the best,
Giulia
CatGirrrl
Visitor
1 0 3

Hey guys, I've had the same problem. Try logging in using a private mode (private browser) in your Mozilla, it worked from me. Hope it helps!

Ez_Shop
5 0 0

Hi All, I also encounter the same error on my checkout section. I've done the all recommendations and  try to log in my account in different browser but it does not work. Hope someone help me on this. Thank youHi All, I also encounter the same error on my checkout section. I've done the all recommendations and try to log in my account in different browser but it does not work. Hope someone help me on this. Thank you

1212bry
Visitor
1 0 1

That did the trick.. Private mode.

To me it looks like a loading / timeout issue server side.. 

Jordan231
Visitor
2 0 0

Yes this is also not working for me.

Where is the chat help for shopify because I need to get this fixed!!!

Tecsurfer
Tourist
4 0 1

Same here, it’s not working for me as well.

haderdaraide
Visitor
1 0 0

Same not working, seems to maybe be an outage then? 

gambo321
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi 

I'm having the same problem. I'm losing sales through not being able to access my website as I use the site for face to face orders as well as online orders.

I've checked and my primary domain is connected fine.

Best regards

Ollie

lightingcentre.co.uk

dsolito
Tourist
3 0 0

I have the same issue. Impossible to show my the page.

dsolito_0-1599067401755.png

PaperPlane
Visitor
3 0 0

Same problem here

acarney83
Tourist
4 0 3

Having the same issue across multiple stores. Clearing cookies/cache or using private mode does not help.

nikofeder
Tourist
4 0 1

SAME HERE TOO.  JUST HAPPENED THIS MOMENT

KoopDawg7
Tourist
5 0 4

Same thing is happening to my site. The following pages are showing the same error:

Online Store > Themes

Online Store > Pages

Online Store > Preferences

Seahawksean
Tourist
13 0 0

Exact same issue here.  Shopify was working fine this morning but now that I've been asked to update an element on the site of course it's down.

Same items have the problem loading the page as everyone else.
- Themes
- Pages
- Preferences

RJN
Visitor
2 0 0

Same Here .

Online Store > Themes

Online Store > Pages

Online Store > Preferences

...all giving off the same error.

There’s a problem loading this page

There’s a technical problem with Shopify that has prevented this page from loading. Try reloading this page or going to another page in Shopify. If that doesn’t work, visit our status page for updates and try again later.
Justin_Hale
Visitor
2 0 0

Same.  I have cleared cache and tried private mode in the browser (Edge), but nothing worked.

Admin is now showing as "degraded" in the Shopify status pages, so I assume this is a server-side issue.  

Hopefully resolved soon.

KoopDawg7
Tourist
5 0 4

My issue has been resolved!

RJN
Visitor
2 0 0

Yep, issue has been resolved!

Subham101
Visitor
2 0 0

Hey,

I have been facing the same isssue for a long time on my Windows laptop, but it works fine on my Mac and iPhone. Could you please share how did you fix this issue?

KoopDawg7
Tourist
5 0 4
I didn't do anything, it was something on Shopify's end that they fixed.
Subham101
Visitor
2 0 0
Okay. Thank you.
livingnaturally
Visitor
1 0 0

On sign up I followed a link from 'products only' account type and the Shopify store was not activated. Once it was, it worked. 

Hardly can believe that Shopify can't do a simple redirect or a note about the fact that a user has signed up for a product-only account or something similar. Seriously? Doesn't give me confidence for the future. 

Basith_07
Visitor
1 0 0

Screenshot (144).png

 I've been facing the issue depicted on the above image and have tried clearing my browser cache and reloading as well . The same error keeps repeating. None of the pages load and the message given is  that there's a problem in loading the page  Please check on this issue and get back to me as soon as possible. Thank you very much 

Regards,

Basith

thomas121
Visitor
1 0 0

same problem

HealthyHerby
Visitor
1 0 0

My site is down too 😞

Sean_Lowery
Tourist